• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Delta to the rescue

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
How could USAir not make money these past 7 or 8 years. Have you seen their payscales? Divided and conquered.

Self-inflicted by usapa.

In spite of the two airlines being 'merged', Parker's team has been forced to run the company as two separate airlines. This has eliminated any synergies that could have been gained by combining the two airlines. That alone is more of a drag on earnings than the low payscales.

I've been critical of Parker's team in the past, but considering the handicaps that they've had to deal with, I'd say that they're among the best airline management teams out there. Certainly a helluva lot better than the mismanagement team we got from Continental now running United. And I'd definitely say it's an improvement over current AMR management.

Our biggest problems are with the United group from McDonald down running the NOC. No Continental peeps in any leadership roles on the NOC floor....

Our biggest problems are with the United group from McDonald down running the NOC. No Continental peeps in any leadership roles on the NOC floor....

Too bad! We are really missing that valuable People Express presence! :rolleyes:

Yep, you nailed it. 80% of leadership is ex-con. But the ENTIRE problem with the operation is due to the old United side.

I started working almost 40 years ago as a busboy. In the last year, I've had more 'mistakes' with my pay than my ENTIRE previous work history. And it's always been in the company's favor. Another paycheck, another shortchanging LCAL pay SNAFU; normal stuff for ex-cons.

I've had LCAL's brilliant schedulers put me on reserve 6+ hours prior to my first leg multiple leg days. I've hit 16 hours and couldn't fly the last leg - no worries; LCAL's ops had several different times for when I'd time out. All of them wrong and all of them would have me exceed a 16 hour duty day.

And we're the 787 launch customer in the US thanks to LCAL. That's worked out really well for us.

But the ONLY problem with the combined operation is due to ex United. Ex-cons are the only thing holding this place together. Yep, you nailed it.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back