Delta to Song - Flight Attendants

Stifler's Mom

MILF...MILF...MILF
Joined
Oct 12, 2003
Posts
5,125
Total Time
4000
Why are many people leaving Delta and interviewing with Song?

Also heard that the 5-year leave will soon be up and there will not be enough positions to reabsorb all that are on LOA. Anybody shed some light on this?
 

chperplt

Registered User
Joined
Nov 25, 2001
Posts
4,123
Total Time
.
Why are many people leaving Delta and interviewing with Song?
Many people who??? Delta pilots fly and Delta ground guys work the ramp, while Delta CSAs run the gates...
 

Stifler's Mom

MILF...MILF...MILF
Joined
Oct 12, 2003
Posts
5,125
Total Time
4000
chperplt said:
Many people who??? Delta pilots fly and Delta ground guys work the ramp, while Delta CSAs run the gates...
This is the Flight Attendant section.
 

chperplt

Registered User
Joined
Nov 25, 2001
Posts
4,123
Total Time
.
This is the Flight Attendant section
Ahhh.... Next time I'll bother to look. I just hit new posts and click away.

Sorry
 

Stifler's Mom

MILF...MILF...MILF
Joined
Oct 12, 2003
Posts
5,125
Total Time
4000
No problem, with over 3,000 posts I realize there isn't much time to waste. :)
 

SoBeFlyer

Member User
Joined
Apr 21, 2004
Posts
55
Total Time
Some
My wife is DL F/A...

Several reasons for the move...
- Base selections (TPA, SFO, MCO (no mainline) .... and FLL, LAX closed to mainline transfers)
- Song is growing
- Work environment (Martini's for sale)
- Fear of mainline base closures and/or mainline furloughs
- Pax are more occupied with the video systems
- Previously, they were holding seniority numbers at mainline for folks to fly Song for a while (flowback)
- Kate Spade uniforms :rolleyes: (although new mainline uniforms comming out in March 06 are very sharp) (search for "Richard Tyler" and "Delta")
 

bizicmo

Well-known member
Joined
Jun 13, 2005
Posts
880
Total Time
+1000
I thought Song planes were flown by delta pilots. I thought it was all the same senority list.
 

Launchpad

Well-known member
Joined
Oct 27, 2003
Posts
287
Total Time
1 hour
bizicmo said:
I thought Song planes were flown by delta pilots. I thought it was all the same senority list.

They are... It is...

Fyi-
 

Spooky 1

Well-known member
Joined
Nov 28, 2004
Posts
987
Total Time
Some
Launchpad said:
bizicmo said:
I thought Song planes were flown by delta pilots. I thought it was all the same senority list.

They are... It is...

Fyi-
LaunchPad..........is that 208 your flying on floats?
 

SoBeFlyer

Member User
Joined
Apr 21, 2004
Posts
55
Total Time
Some
For the second time on this thread .... Please realize that this is the Flight Attendant Forum, and this thread was a question about the Flight Attendants moving to Song.... Their Seniority list is NOT the same as mainline. Not everything on the web about aviation is about PILOTS...
 

say again

I love her ARSE!!!!
Joined
Mar 14, 2005
Posts
4,006
Total Time
5500
SoBeFlyer said:
Not everything on the web about aviation is about PILOTS...
REALLY????? I thought is was always about the pilots!!!!;)
 

Launchpad

Well-known member
Joined
Oct 27, 2003
Posts
287
Total Time
1 hour
Spooky 1 said:
Launchpad said:
LaunchPad..........is that 208 your flying on floats?
Nope, it's on wheels. It was on floats last year and it will most likely be back on floats next year from the sounds of it.
 

Stifler's Mom

MILF...MILF...MILF
Joined
Oct 12, 2003
Posts
5,125
Total Time
4000
SoBeFlyer said:
My wife is DL F/A...

Several reasons for the move...
- Base selections (TPA, SFO, MCO (no mainline) .... and FLL, LAX closed to mainline transfers)
- Song is growing
- Work environment (Martini's for sale)
- Fear of mainline base closures and/or mainline furloughs
- Pax are more occupied with the video systems
- Previously, they were holding seniority numbers at mainline for folks to fly Song for a while (flowback)
- Kate Spade uniforms :rolleyes: (although new mainline uniforms comming out in March 06 are very sharp) (search for "Richard Tyler" and "Delta")
Thank you. :)
 

800Dog

Well-known member
Joined
Sep 24, 2005
Posts
763
Total Time
Alot
SoBeFlyer said:
For the second time on this thread .... Please realize that this is the Flight Attendant Forum, and this thread was a question about the Flight Attendants moving to Song.... Their Seniority list is NOT the same as mainline. Not everything on the web about aviation is about PILOTS...
Anyone know how many Delta pilots will be furloughed? I heard they want to keep the retired pilots flying past December 31. What a shame with hundreds on furlough.
 

MissKittyKat

Well-known member
Joined
Jul 14, 2005
Posts
516
Total Time
5,000
Exactly what a shame to see so many pilots furloughed. Not good.

A little humor goes a long way but I know nothing about Song, sounds like a Chinese airline to me! LOL, someone pick me up off the floor.

I was reading all the other responses and found some humor! I love the quote on the sniffing glue deal! LOL

Does any remember FYI when Northeasten was swallowed by delta?

They used to have a "song" on the radio, I know it by heart from the yellowbird airlines.

I am female not a pilot and flight attendant, I hope I'm in the right group for responses?

Would anyone anyone at all like to hear the "Song"? From Yellowbird
 

AMANSWORLD

Well-known member
Joined
Mar 29, 2004
Posts
375
Total Time
10600
just read somewhere song is done - delta has said it is not profitable and will not streamline its operation-cannot remember where i read it
 
A

AmeliaAirhead

SoBeFlyer said:
For the second time on this thread .... Please realize that this is the Flight Attendant Forum, and this thread was a question about the Flight Attendants moving to Song.... Their Seniority list is NOT the same as mainline. Not everything on the web about aviation is about PILOTS...

my sentiments exactly! you jerky pilots dont want us getting involved in your forums so pay us the same courtesy!:uzi:
 
Top