Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Delta to retire 7600 pilots in next 15 years, SWA 2250??

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
24 posts to this thread and "Up your Six" has 8,

Isn't that like dropping the turd in the punch bowl and later coming back for a drink...

Since you are "New" to the "Airline Game", Get back to me at your retirement, until then, you're just along for the ride like the rest of us!

KBB

congress will just raise the retirement age to 70...why is it we never find a way to solve problems, but just add them up and pass them along for the next guy to solve?
More likely they'll allow cabatoge. This is next big battle. The companies will say that there is no way their business model can continue to work with pilot supply going down, cost of them going up. They'll say having their global "partner" fly point to point in the U.S. will solve the problem.

Last edited:
. . . .and would be on par with military training, which produces skilled pilots qualified to fly high-performance aircraft in a shorter period compared with the civil sector

There you have it. Delta's view of pilot skills.

24 posts to this thread and "Up your Six" has 8,

Isn't that like dropping the turd in the punch bowl and later coming back for a drink...

Since you are "New" to the "Airline Game", Get back to me at your retirement, until then, you're just along for the ride like the rest of us!

KBB

If you read his profile, I think it says he was at United before Delta. He really isn't "new" then, is he? Read before you type.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Still comparing me to The General. That's great, great minds think alike. Appreciate it.

OYS

Thanks for that. At least someone on here "understands" the truth besides me. Keep up the good work. And yes, I have been flying a lot of Asia lately, which keeps me out of the loop sometimes. On the beach in Saipan, I just don't bother to check the boards as much. What a pity...

Bye Bye---General Lee

More likely they'll allow cabatoge. This is next big battle. The companies will say that there is no way their business model can continue to work with pilot supply going down, cost of them going up. They'll say having their global "partner" fly point to point in the U.S. will solve the problem.

Nah, I just don't see anyone flying Aeroflot from LAX to LAS. And, our contract forbids that type of hiring. I just don't think we'd allow that, even for a 100% raise. Nope. Instead, I see a large chunk of the SWA pilots jumping ship thanks to Delta's rates being the same or better, and a chance to get out of intra-Texas flying. It's gonna be HUUGE.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Latest resources

Back