Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Delta to retire 7600 pilots in next 15 years, SWA 2250??

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
St. Paul will help with that one.

But Redflyer says you're going to do all of that SOON in your 737s, right? That's what GK sorta told you guys, correct? Sorta?

OYS

Do you seriously think Southwest will be a domestic carrier forever? If you do, then you have your head in the sand.

NO it won't be with just the 737, I see another fleet type eventually. Meaning we will most likely have two fleets types instead of NINE!

Gup my man you nailed it...

Justifying were he went, or the Riverboat jacket is a little tight.

RF

Last edited:
OYS,

You have been around long enough in this business to know that we are all just one 1) Oil spike, 2) Natural disaster 3) terrorist act 4) Crash (god forbid) 5) merger away from career stagnation. I hope you upgrade soon (if u are not), many of us will never get there...

I haven't a clue if a "pilot shortage" will materialize or not. I suspect not, but who knows.

But only airline management could screw up the good deal they have had for the past 4 decades. They have had a pilot oversupply so bad that they actually had guys not only paying for their entire education and flight training, but then paying for interviews and their first regional airline job (ala Comair, ASA, etc.).

Now, they're starting to sweat even getting enough mainline pilots to fill their rosters in future years. What a bunch of morons. They steal pensions, come to pilots for pay cuts anytime a Middle East dictator sneezes, treat their pilots like crap, threaten to outsource the only pilot jobs with having, drag out contract negotiations for years, drag their pilots into court in federal lawsuits, pay them poverty level wages for years in the beginning of their careers, treat them like crap with sick leave monitoring and "visits" to the chief pilot's office when the exercise their Captain's authority, then $*%#* wonder where their future pilots are going to come from?

And now they want to do an "outreach" to middle school and high school students? During the outreach, are they going to mention the above? If I find out they are going to "outreach" to any middle school or high school in my area, I am going to volunteer to "outreach" on that same day.

Hey airline management! Read paragraph three, do the exact opposite of everything listed in there, and you will have ALL the pilots you need for a very long time. Until then, you will reap what you have sown for the past 40 years, particularly the last 10 years.

Well done, ualdriver. I expect to see some pressure on politicians for foreign-worker visas in the next few years if a true shortage comes to pass. Parallels to the nursing situation profession abound.

Being the skipper again will remind you of your days in The Unit when you were ******************** hot. It'll be like re-igniting the AB in the F-teen over Poontang.

Good times.

Gup

Saved for posterity!

Good one, Gup

:laugh:

Latest resources

Back