• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Delta to fly 757s to Africa, via SAL, Cape Verde

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
We have seen a tremendous drop in loads to our European destinations that we do not have a code feed with. Ala Great Britain et al. These assets may be better utilized where we are the only or one of the few games in town. We will move assets.
If all of our markets are doing great, we are not taking enough chances. That is the idea behind what our route guys thinking.
Be careful, you think a 757 is the RJ of the Atlantic, just wait until we find a way to get 737's to do it. If is cheaper and we can fill it we will do it.
At DCC we at DAL/NWA will have 192 757's to deploy around the country/world. With the 737-700 coming on line we are now able to free up some of those jets to try new cities. We will be doing just that.

Fact is that if it is full it is profitable. It is great on thin routes, but on high yield routes it does not truly commit to our "World Air Line" motto. That is why you will see many assets moved to their best suited routes over the next year or so. (Look for the 757 in a base or city North of NYC in the future)

We have seen a tremendous drop in loads to our European destinations that we do not have a code feed with. Ala Great Britain et al. These assets may be better utilized where we are the only or one of the few games in town. We will move assets.
What do you mean by "destinations we don't have a code feed with?" I don't follow.
Be careful, you think a 757 is the RJ of the Atlantic, just wait until we find a way to get 737's to do it. If is cheaper and we can fill it we will do it.
At DCC we at DAL/NWA will have 192 757's to deploy around the country/world. With the 737-700 coming on line we are now able to free up some of those jets to try new cities. We will be doing just that.
Sure, pax don't like the 757 as much as a widebody, a quick look at Flyertalk says that, but management (and not just ours, NWA, USAir, Continental too) seem enamoured with the 757 crossing the Atlantic. I imagine the passengers will love the 737 even more!?

(Look for the 757 in a base or city North of NYC in the future)
DTW is north of NYC, is that what you mean? ;-) Oh, you mean BOSTON! I never would of guessed, except for all those guys who commute on the shuttle talking about the old Boston base.

Hot off the presses. General Lee spotted in Cape Verde recently with NYC based Delta Flight Attendant.

http://www.me-me-me.tv/images/2007/04/old-woman-on-beach_web.jpg

Wow, I can't believe someone snapped a picture of me. That particular trip was a 96 hour layover, and most of the time I wore a yellow banana hammock and pink sunscreen on my nose. I really ROCKED that place! And that stew, she was cute for 50 years of service at Delta!

Bye Bye--General Lee

Latest resources

Back