• NC Software is having a Black Friday Sale Event thru December 4th on Logbook Pro, APDL - Airline Pilot Logbook, Cirrus Elite Binders, and more. Use coupon code BF2020 at checkout to redeem 15% off your purchase. Click here to shop now.
  • NC Software is proud to announce the release of APDL - Airline Pilot Logbook version 10.0. Click here to view APDL on the Apple App store and install now.

Delta to be profitable in 2007!

FreightNazi

not an ACMI
Total Time
lots
Delta projects annual profit in 2007; Pilots weigh strike option
November 2, 2005 - 17:49
By HARRY R. WEBER
ATLANTA (AP) - Delta Air Lines Inc., which expects a more than $2 billion US loss this year, said Wednesday it will return to profitability two years from now if, among other things, it can wring huge concessions from its pilots and jet fuel doesn't get more costly.

http://www.canadianbusiness.com/news/article.jsp?content=b1102111A&page=1

ATRCA

Total Time
tons
Good, glad to hear it. Then the DAL pilots can get back whats theirs. I hope when the company returns to profitability the pilots shove it up their arse sideways.

Management will reap what they sow, it may take a while but it will happen.

xjlifer

Total Time
Hey Freightnazi can I steal your dork avatar....man I love that pic!

Draginass

Total Time
5000+
Delta pilots won't get crap. They'll be locked into a very long term, no strike contract that'll make American Eagle's look like day labor. After all, "A contract is a contract" (unless it's disadvantagous to management, then it's open to change)

G4G5

Total Time
8500+
Delta to be profitable in 2007!

Do to overwhelming popularity President Bush will run for a third term, unopposed.

I figured while we living in fantasy land.............

737 Pylt

Banned
Um....Floats anyone??
Total Time
enough
FreightNazi said:
if, among other things, it can wring huge concessions from its pilots and jet fuel doesn't get more costly.

Don't you just love this part. Its all the pilots' fault. Never mind the facts:

Southwest's labor CASM is 3.19 according to their 3Q report.

Ed Bastain the CFO said: "Our labor CASM has gone from 3.26 cents to 2.59 cents. we are now equal to Southwest"

It is a FAILED business plan. No amount of money will help save their sorry a$$es!
When we were the "highes paid" pilots in the industry, they always used to compare us to Southwest. Now, LUV isn't even in their thoughts! AMAZING!