• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
View Post
post_old.gif
Today, 22:59 Remove user from ignore list
Tanker Clown This message is hidden because Tanker Clown is on your ignore list.

Whoa, wait just a cotton pickin' minute. What about Midwest? After going down to 9 717's there's growth in there somewhere. Why wasn't the industry leader in awards mentioned?

Had a friend just take an 88 to Victorville yesterday. That's all I have as my airline is waiting for UAL to collapse so we can split the pot with AMR.

Cheers

I can tell you that those 717's will be owned by Boeing before anyone else takes delivery of them. It is legally necessary.

Also, the plan is dynamic. All I can say is that with the people who are running this ship, anything is possible. They literally want to run new routes that sometimes do not work. If they all did, they would not be doing their jobs. Do not take it as a bad thing that DAL pulls out of routes after a few months. It is called taking a chance, and moving the asset instead of leaving it there and letting it bleed money.
From what it looks like, we will be all over this world by mid to late next year. That is a specific as it can get for now.

From the Shuttle World:
The Delta Shuttle won't be outsourced to EMB170's, thanks in part to a gov't contract we wrestled back from US Airways. The 8:30pm departures were scrubbed.
They're considering DC-9's on it, though. Issues include noise restrictions in DCA, future RNAV SID/STAR's in NY airspace. And someone raised an important question - do all the -9's have aft airstairs?

So if aircraft are moved to new cities, do the pilots go with the airplane; thus a new domicile? Or will trips start with a deadhead until there is a single certificate? Could someone please expand that has a better understanding of the Joint Pilots Agreement.

Thanks in advance, JP

Latest resources

Back