Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Delta to add service from Seattle to Boise, Denver, Ketchikan, Sitka, and boost more

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Ok you answered part of my question but ..

So which is it? $14 Billion in debt paid down by 2016. That's $2 billion per year since 09. And per plane profit? Uhhhhhhh? Whaaat?

Here is something from the Q3 Conference call analysis via Seeking Alpha:

"Delta reported EPS of $1.20 that beat analyst estimates of $1.18. Also, the airline beat revenue estimates by roughly $60 million with total revenue of $11.2 billion. More important than ultimate revenue growth is the substantial increase in pre-tax income by roughly 36% to $1.6 billion. The numbers contributed to an operating margin of 15.8% and the guidance for record Q4 operating margins in excess of 10%. PRASM increased a solid 2.4% YoY while CASM only grew 0.3% over last year. With revenue growth per passenger increasing faster than non-fuel costs, the airline is seeing strong margin expansion. In addition, the strong cash flow profile is allowing the company to reduce share counts and pay down debt that lowers interest costs and increases EPS. The combined $59 million reduction in interest and fuel costs provide strong tailwinds for profits forecasted to continue into the future."

How's that? Need more? The above answers both of your questions.

Bye Bye---General Lee

How many planes divided by profit .. = $ per plane profit .. How many planes does delta own /lease .. Including RJ etc ..

I'm not saying its a Wall Street number they track .. But I bet Alaska. Pulled in more profit for each airframe .. Than any other carrier .. And our debt ratio is lower than all . Except poss SWA .. Who still had the best credit rating of any carrier . With Alaska next ..

I'm not saying its a Wall Street number they track .. But I bet Alaska. Pulled in more profit for each airframe .. Than any other carrier .. And our debt ratio is lower than all . Except poss SWA .. Who still had the best credit rating of any carrier . With Alaska next ..

Uhhhh, you're right. Never heard of that metric. (Profit per airframe). But, buying every Md90 out there for about $8-9 million each (including the engines) and getting 88 717s for a screaming deal from SWA probably helps.

Bye Bye---General Lee

I'll do the math and get back to you if you can't ..but .. I figured you knew it .. You have almost all the answers .. But I need to know how many total .. Airframes Delta owns .. And pays leases on .. Including All RJ .. Turbo props .. And I bet if you divid the profits by that number .. It's ok but .. Like I said not a wall street number .. But again Alaska makes more with the number of airframes they have than anybody else ..

And the dept ratio is below delta as well .. .It appears that the delta .. Alaska war is actually good for us both anyway .. Record profits !! Again .. Yet our union keeps rolling over .. Sad ..

Hey General.
Will Skywest let you guys ride the JS on the proving runs?
Just to get a feel for the type of operation you will be sending planes into?
Just wondering.

Hey General.
Will Skywest let you guys ride the JS on the proving runs?
Just to get a feel for the type of operation you will be sending planes into?
Just wondering.

Do they have to do "proving runs" to Ketchikan and Sitka? I can understand Juneau, but the others? Maybe SKW will be flying those routes for you guys too? How's your awesome scope? Horizon has already taken a nice chunk of your Intra AK flying, why not SKW MRJs next? You pretty much can't do anything about that anyway. Hopefully DL will add 737 service into those two airports eventually, since DL will be adding a 737 crew base in SEA. Regardless, your monopoly at Ketchikan and Sitka will be over next Summer, and I can see why that makes you upset. Oh well, get used to it.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Do they have to do "proving runs" to Ketchikan and Sitka? I can understand Juneau, but the others? Maybe SKW will be flying those routes for you guys too? How's your awesome scope? Horizon has already taken a nice chunk of your Intra AK flying, why not SKW MRJs next? You pretty much can't do anything about that anyway. Hopefully DL will add 737 service into those two airports eventually, since DL will be adding a 737 crew base in SEA. Regardless, your monopoly at Ketchikan and Sitka will be over next Summer, and I can see why that makes you upset. Oh well, get used to it.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Relax dude!
I was just wondering if you and your fellow dispatchers ever get a chance to see these type of places from the front of the bus. It's some pretty country.

Latest resources

Back