Delta to add IND/CMH-SLC......

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

schmooze

Just saw today that DAL will begin flying nonstop from IND and CMH to SLC later this fall. Supposedly, these flights will be operated by Shuttle America and flown on the good ole' E-170s.:D

Really though, while I understand that these new routes could very well stand to be profitable for Delta, since they will be the only airline in Indy and Columbus offering nonstop flights to and from SLC. It just seems as if this could potentially pose more of a threat to the mainline folks since this will be a pretty significant amount of block time between these cities. I imagine that upper management chooses to utilize a regional carrier simply because it will be cheaper cost-wise to operate these flights.

Not looking to stir the pot, but I would like to hear some other opinions on this matter.:cool:

Fly safely.
Schmooze

This is part of the reason why I decided to leave the industry. Have at it boys.

schmooze said:
Just saw today that DAL will begin flying nonstop from IND and CMH to SLC later this fall. Supposedly, these flights will be operated by Shuttle America and flown on the good ole' E-170s.:D

Really though, while I understand that these new routes could very well stand to be profitable for Delta, since they will be the only airline in Indy and Columbus offering nonstop flights to and from SLC. It just seems as if this could potentially pose more of a threat to the mainline folks since this will be a pretty significant amount of block time between these cities. I imagine that upper management chooses to utilize a regional carrier simply because it will be cheaper cost-wise to operate these flights.

Not looking to stir the pot, but I would like to hear some other opinions on this matter.:cool:

Fly safely.
Schmooze

Are Indy and Columbus hot vacation areas for Mormons? Or are there plenty of potential wives available?sorry, couldn't resist

Latest resources

Back