• NC Software is having a Black Friday Sale Event thru December 4th on Logbook Pro, APDL - Airline Pilot Logbook, Cirrus Elite Binders, and more. Use coupon code BF2020 at checkout to redeem 15% off your purchase. Click here to shop now.
  • NC Software is proud to announce the release of APDL - Airline Pilot Logbook version 10.0. Click here to view APDL on the Apple App store and install now.

Delta to add IND/CMH-SLC......

schmooze

Total Time
Tons
Just saw today that DAL will begin flying nonstop from IND and CMH to SLC later this fall. Supposedly, these flights will be operated by Shuttle America and flown on the good ole' E-170s.:D

Really though, while I understand that these new routes could very well stand to be profitable for Delta, since they will be the only airline in Indy and Columbus offering nonstop flights to and from SLC. It just seems as if this could potentially pose more of a threat to the mainline folks since this will be a pretty significant amount of block time between these cities. I imagine that upper management chooses to utilize a regional carrier simply because it will be cheaper cost-wise to operate these flights.

Not looking to stir the pot, but I would like to hear some other opinions on this matter.:cool:

Fly safely.
Schmooze

Yeah

Total Time
Plenty
This is part of the reason why I decided to leave the industry. Have at it boys.

schmooze said:
Just saw today that DAL will begin flying nonstop from IND and CMH to SLC later this fall. Supposedly, these flights will be operated by Shuttle America and flown on the good ole' E-170s.:D

Really though, while I understand that these new routes could very well stand to be profitable for Delta, since they will be the only airline in Indy and Columbus offering nonstop flights to and from SLC. It just seems as if this could potentially pose more of a threat to the mainline folks since this will be a pretty significant amount of block time between these cities. I imagine that upper management chooses to utilize a regional carrier simply because it will be cheaper cost-wise to operate these flights.

Not looking to stir the pot, but I would like to hear some other opinions on this matter.:cool:

Fly safely.
Schmooze

Flash

Total Time
Are Indy and Columbus hot vacation areas for Mormons? Or are there plenty of potential wives available?sorry, couldn't resist