Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Delta to add fuel surcharges to buddy pass tickets!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
taxes/fees

I just tried to buy a buddy pass to in order to avoid the fuel charge and was suprised by taxes.

To fly from Atlanta to London the buddy pass costs $230. The taxes/fees are $233!!

How can the taxes be more than the ticket price? I checked a normal ticket if bought from delta.com and the taxes/fees are only $130. Why would a buddy pass have to pay $100 more in taxes?

What bothers me the most is that they don't even tell you what the taxes will be until just before booking. Companies need to stop earning revenue through employees and families!

Buddy passes, while sounding like a great deal, just aren't worth the stress to myself and the poor unsuspecting individual traveling on one.

I've given out 4 buddy passes this year and ALL of them got stuck someplace. They're just not worth it any more. The flights are too full.

Can anyone tell me, if you are traveling with someone under your buddy pass on the same flight, are they linked to your priority or are they still S4.

Wait till this DAL/NW merger goes through. Think about all the NW and NW regionals you, your family and buddys will have to compete with.

Latest resources

Back