Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Delta to add 3 new Brazil cities, including 737-700s to Manaus...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
737-700 to brazil? Long flight, not many seats.

Our 737-700s will have some interesting missions. I have heard Cuzco, Peru (near Machu Picchu---Inca Ruins) from ATL and LGA to Vail, CO. Stuff like that. (high priced tickets probably) We know Tegucigalpa will be in there too, and if anyone hasn't seen that AA 757 Youtube video flying in there I would suggest it. I guess you could say that it might be a bit more interesting than LBB.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Last edited:
I spent some time I Manaus in the mid-80's. Back then you could have a girl 24/7 for about $7/day. Also, the girls didn't act prostitutes, they were more like "professional" girlfriends.

Sounds like fun. Hope the hiring rumors are true.

Our 737-700s will have some interesting missions. I have heard Cuzco, Peru (near Machu Picchu---Inca Ruins) from ATL and LGA to Vail, CO. Stuff like that. (high priced tickets probably) We know Tegucigalpa will be in there too, and if anyone hasn't seen that AA 757 Youtube video flying in there I would suggest it. I guess you could say that it might be a bit more interesting than LBB.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Are you guys departing Cusco direct to ATL fully loaded? I know historically that has always been a problem (long trip departures out of Cusco - elev 10,800 ft, ) for alot of airlines

Another question is Cusco has one runway, what would you guys file as alternate (inbound to Cusco)? Lima is a good little hop and skip away

Not one US airline has ever (to my knowledge) served Cusco direct from USA. No US Airline stops over either (AA La Paz to Miami via stop in Santa Cruz)

FYI

http://worldaerodata.com/wad.cgi?id=PE21813

http://www.landings.com/evird.acgi$pass*106166263!_h-www.landings.com/_landings/pages/search/search_dist_apt.html

Last edited:
RUMOR HAS IT, that some of our Captains are a part of the "Sam's Club"-- (SAM--South AMerica), and have found some really neat people to procreate with. That's fantastic, unless you are married... Maybe LBB would be safer...??

Bye Bye--General Lee
what does this even mean?

There is a 'Sam's club' there by the way, at least two in Sao Paulo

nevermind.....

Last edited:
what does this even mean?

There is a 'Sam's club' there by the way, at least two in Sao Paulo

Are you serious? Some Captains that ALWAYS fly South to South AMerica are in the Delta "Sam's Club." And, believe it or not, some of them have "friends" down there, really CLOSE friends. Don't you Connie guys have any "friends" stashed around the world?

Bye Bye--General Lee

Last edited:
Are you guys departing Cusco direct to ATL fully loaded? I know historically that has always been a problem (long trip departures out of Cusco - elev 10,800 ft, ) for alot of airlines

Another question is Cusco has one runway, what would you guys file as alternate (inbound to Cusco)? Lima is a good little hop and skip away

Not one US airline has ever (to my knowledge) served Cusco direct from USA. No US Airline stops over either (AA La Paz to Miami via stop in Santa Cruz)

FYI

http://worldaerodata.com/wad.cgi?id=PE21813

http://www.landings.com/evird.acgi$...m/_landings/pages/search/search_dist_apt.html

This was just a rumor from Marketing. They haven't announced anything yet, although I had heard Tegucigalpa and Manaus from the same person. So, you never know........ As far as alternates and loads, I don't know. I am sure we have people working on that type of stuff as we type right now.....

Bye Bye--General Lee

Last edited:
This was just a rumor from Marketing. They haven't announced anything yet, although I had heard Tegucigalpa and Manaus from the same person. So..... As far as alternates and loads, I don't know.

Bye Bye--General Lee

maybe some 73 drivers could chime in, but I would be interested in the performance specs regarding max gross takeoff from Cusco at 10,800 feet, the max temps are only 22 C however.

No precision approach, FYI, and closed at night. Jet-A is sometimes not available.

Would be a great destination tho! Cusco is very nice

Latest resources

Back