Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Delta to add 3 new Brazil cities, including 737-700s to Manaus...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
maybe some 73 drivers could chime in, but I would be interested in the performance specs regarding max gross takeoff from Cusco at 10,800 feet, the max temps are only 22 C however.

No precision approach, FYI, and closed at night. Jet-A is sometimes not available.

Would be a great destination tho! Cusco is very nice

My bet would be a very late departure out of ATL, getting into Cuzco fairly early, and then an early afternoon departure back to ATL. If fuel becomes an issue, then a hop to Iquitos or Lima might be in order before the arrival into Cuzco, or on the way out. That is above my pay grade, anyway. I am sure people would pay a bit extra to go directly to the city closest to Machu Piccu rather than via Lima.

Bye Bye---General Lee

My bet would be a very late departure out of ATL, getting into Cuzco fairly early, and then an early afternoon departure back to ATL. If fuel becomes an issue, then a hop to Iquitos or Lima might be in order before the arrival into Cuzco, or on the way out. That is above my pay grade, anyway. I am sure people would pay a bit extra to go directly to the city closest to Machu Piccu rather than via Lima.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Nope, not with the B737-700s. Dreaming. Almost as far as ATL-ANC. You think an airline pilot like Gen Lee would be more informed on general commercial airplane performance characteristics. He has also said his B757 could also make JFK-ACC. That was also a classic. Above your pay grade? I think some of his "stews" would be more informed than Gen Lee. There are some serious f* mountains over there man! What have you heard about clearing terrain on a single engine? What do you really know besides stupid "SAMs" and LBB overnights?

Last edited:

Bye Bye---General Lee

Lima is a disaster for anyone trying to make a "timely" intermediate stop. Iquitos is possible but ramp space is limited and if pax had to deplane it would be a nightmare, the terminal sucks big time.

Iquitos has one fire truck, don't know how that figures into route expansion plans, but FYI. (Cusco has one fire truck or maybe two)

I know I have personally been to Iquitos and Cusco numerous times, both RON and transit thru.

Latest resources

Back