Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Delta talks to NWA for merger alternative.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Nu,

According to this you have plenty of old guys ready to retire:

While Northwest officials declined to comment on the reports of a merger with Delta, Wall Street analysts say the Minnesota-based carrier signaled its willingness to partner up when it hired Evercore Partners (EVR) last December to explore "broad strategic alternatives" on its behalf. "Northwest would sell under the right terms," says Ray Neidl, an airline analyst for Calyon Securities in New York. "And strategically, Delta and Northwest are a good fit."

For one, analysts note that Northwest has an aging workforce that is poised to retire in coming years, making the task of cutting labor costs that much easier. "A lot of those Northwest workers are going to drop off the rolls," says Roger King, airline analyst for CreditSights, a New York-based institutional research firm.

Delta management would also have a selfish reason for partnering with Northwest: It's likely that Delta executives would run the combined airline, and preserve its headquarters in Atlanta.

Bye Bye--General Lee

DAL management ain't going to run anything when acquired by NWA. They have been 2 years behind everybody taking care of business.

DAL management ain't going to run anything when acquired by NWA. They have been 2 years behind everybody taking care of business.

Again, most of the guys who lead us down the wrong path are now gone. The guys really running the show now are doing a good job, and even Bethune acknowledged that. One of the guys was recommended to Grinstein by Bethune. They will do fine, and most NWA employees would welcome them with open arms compared to the distrust they have for their own managment.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Hi!

They could keep the red tails (as red is in both airlines' color schemes) and paint the aircraft red and white.

Then, since it would now be a true "worldwide" airline, with Delta flying a lot over the Atlantic and NWA over the Pacific, they could call it "Trans-World Airlines", and shorten it to TWA. I feel I should get a commission for this original idea of mine.

Then I could get a job at Mesaba OR Comair and work for TWA Express again.

C U!
cliff
GRB

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back