Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Delta talks to NWA for merger alternative.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
What Japanese domestic flights does NW do out of NRT again? None. They go to Guam, Saipan, Honolulu, Pusan, Guangzhou, Seoul, Bangkok, Taipei, Singapore, Beijing, Shanghai, Manilla, Hong Kong, and the Continental US. From Nagoya and Kansai they do some Guam, some Seoul, etc, but no domestic Japan.
General,

NWA does fly Tokyo to Nagoya and back. Flights 77 & 78, B757

So let me get this straight, you'd rather merge with Northwest than US Airways. Boy, you are are one dumb, uninformed, trailer trash, clueless mother f@er.

If I was a DAL pilot I would much rather merge with NWA too. NWA offers Asian routes 747's, lots of A330's, 787's on order and not nearly as many furloughed pilots. We at the new US Airways don't offer jack. We've got a few worn out 767's, a bunch of worn out 757's, and 9 A330's. Not to mention 1700 furloughed pilots many with 15+ years of seniority and a CEO who likes to act like mr. nice guy but he's just as cheap and unwilling to compensate his pilots as anyone at NWA. Profit margins at PHX and LAS are razor thin. I would think a DAL pilot would have to be crazy to pick LCC or NWA.

General,

NWA does fly Tokyo to Nagoya and back. Flights 77 & 78, B757

The current Asian OAG does not list that at all. Here are the flights listed:

NH 3201: F50: Leaves NRT 1000--arriving NGO at1130am
JL3085 : 734: Leaves NRT 1620--arriving NGO at 1730
NH 339 : 763 : Leaves NRT 1910--arriving NGO 2020

So, that really isn't the case. Can NWA pick up passengers in NRT and take them to NGO? I doubt it. Flight 77 is a thru flight onto Saipan. It can stop there, but not take people to NGO for money.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Delta merges with NWA...

nice history there...guess the Delta pukes will be locked off the 747's forever...

Hope you like the DC-9-30's General! Green Book, Red Book, Blue Book

This will be fun!!!

General,

Don't get so excited to fly someone else's airplanes...its bad taste and shows a lack of sensitivity towards our NWA brothers. Just like you wouldn't care for a 2001 hire at America West talking excitedly about putting in his 777 bid.

At least the NWA pilot group's career expectations and fleet makeup (heavy vs. narrowbody) are very similar to ours, plus make a reasonable route combination. If it comes down to it, I would think UAL'd make a better combination but as always, we're along for the ride.

Good luck to everyone, we're gonna need it. Hopefully the combinations that do happen don't involve layoffs....there's been enough of them for a decade or two.

If I was a DAL pilot I would much rather merge with NWA too. NWA offers Asian routes 747's, lots of A330's, 787's on order and not nearly as many furloughed pilots. We at the new US Airways don't offer jack. We've got a few worn out 767's, a bunch of worn out 757's, and 9 A330's. Not to mention 1700 furloughed pilots many with 15+ years of seniority and a CEO who likes to act like mr. nice guy but he's just as cheap and unwilling to compensate his pilots as anyone at NWA. Profit margins at PHX and LAS are razor thin. I would think a DAL pilot would have to be crazy to pick LCC or NWA.

I would prefer, if it were up to me (and it is not), to go as a stand alone. The reason I think NWA would be a BETTER choice than USAir is because it is a better fit route wise (add a large Asia presence), hub wise (maybe MEM and CVG reduced to focus cities), and we would keep more assets, like the Shuttle and East Coast slots and gates. There would also be a lot less jobs lost.

We know NWA has a history of animosity between NWA employees and management, and besides our pilot group, we are non union. That culture shift would be interesting to watch....

Bye Bye---General Lee

General,

Don't get so excited to fly someone else's airplanes...its bad taste and shows a lack of sensitivity towards our NWA brothers. Just like you wouldn't care for a 2001 hire at America West talking excitedly about putting in his 777 bid.

At least the NWA pilot group's career expectations and fleet makeup (heavy vs. narrowbody) are very similar to ours, plus make a reasonable route combination. If it comes down to it, I would think UAL'd make a better combination but as always, we're along for the ride.

Good luck to everyone, we're gonna need it. Hopefully the combinations that do happen don't involve layoffs....there's been enough of them for a decade or two.

Pat,

Did you notice I said in 15 years? That was a joke. And, UAL's combo with us would involve a dismantling of SLC, since it is smaller and in between DEN and SFO.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Latest resources

Back