• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Delta Spanks Servicemen!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I have stood in the snow while we provided an honor guard for remains returning home. I have told the passengers to remain seated so that he could deplane first. ....In ATL, we have a dedicated baggage cart painted and segregated and secured only for our Troop remains, blessed by all denominations and sanctioned by the Chaplian command to return these heroes home with DIGNITY. People did this on their own time and yet we are the bad guys.

Bill.

As a former service member, as a guy whose friends might be in those caskets.

Thanks.

Senator Boxer? A known idiot who thinks that handing out welfare checks brings more money back into the government than it costs? Who has never truely researched a fact in her life? Who my dead dog is smarter than? That Senator Boxer?

Just another politician making a feel goood PR statement.

Bill.

As a former service member, as a guy whose friends might be in those caskets.

Thanks.

Godspeed to them......and all who have left this earth in our service.

Senator Boxer? A known idiot who thinks that handing out welfare checks brings more money back into the government than it costs? Who has never truely researched a fact in her life? Who my dead dog is smarter than? That Senator Boxer?

Just another politician making a feel goood PR statement.

I'm sure you're a better basketball player than Lebron too, right? Way to stay on topic.... Partisan hack comment dude. Would it be alright if a republican called for it.
:-/

For what it's worth, I disagree- let the market correct this one - and all the bad PR and lumberg moonwalking that goes with these idiots doing the wrong thing for a short term profit.
Just drives customers to us, "...and for the continued idiocy, we thank you."

Hey wave....Really classy.....market? Moonwalking?

Your just another punk-a$$ who never served....just a waste of good graftable skin.

$hithead

Last edited:
Hey wave....Really classy.....market? Moonwalking?

Your just another punk-a$$ who never served....just a waste of good graftable skin.

$hithead

Billy! What's going on?! You've changed your post now three times?
Went from ATC giving us preference to classy comments to now assumptions about my service-

Whatever gets you spooled up man. Grasp! Grasp at an argument you think you can win-

But here's the deal ->in all those things- ATC included-I work at a company that understands PEOPLE better than any other airline. SWA goes out of it's way to build relationships and empowers our people on the ground to do the right thing before the wrong thing is done and the press gets a hold of it. Doesn't stop every bad PR event from happening but it does make us a LOT better than delta. Which when I'm talking to you is all I care about(!)
;-)
I will give YOU credit for when you've taken care of our military- they deserve it, and I wish we had a first class seat to give them.

Now shouldn't you be giving away more flying to skywest for an extra $1 for the widebody capts?? It takes a lot of effort to sell out the junior in just the right way to really screw them- can't be distracted by these kinds of topics Billy. :)

The video I did not see since it has been removed, but I'm sure there is more to the story we are not being told.

As for DAL and servicemen, don't forget about this one: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u2aHPEGS-3w

Here is more on the honor guard http://www.mycountypaper.com/henrynews/headlines/87301067.html

Plus during the holidays, DAL at ATL, MSP and I think DTW have an area where traveling service members and their families can go to wait for their flights, get free food and drinks and watch some TV. It's not a lot, but it is something.

Also, as someone who is on mil leave from Delta, they are a great employer when it come it mil leave and have always worked with me.

As for other airlines and mil baggage fees, in the past I've flown on UAL and SWA on a mil ticket a couple of different times with chem gear, pro gear, etc and was charged a fee since it was over 50 lbs, filed it on the voucher and got the money back. One time SWA let me slide since it was 2 lbs over the limit. As was said in this forum it is a business and all the airlines cannot fly 1000's of lbs of heavy bags for free!

Finally, I hate that all the airlines (but SWA) nickle and dime the pax for bags under 50 lbs and most charge you for food on the longer haul flights. I hear so many pax complain about it and they would rather have it lumped into the price of the ticket. But I guess we have all these travel search engines to blame for that!

Last edited:
Wave....

Once again the Jackhole comes out of ya.....Skywest and widebody Captain pay discussion during a thread about servicemen?? Really? Seriously?

Tool

Nice try Billy- but every thread with the word Military isn't sacred. THIS thread is about Delta moonwalking from some bad PR when caught making an easy buck off the troops and govt.

Nice try Billy- but every thread with the word Military isn't sacred. THIS thread is about Delta moonwalking from some bad PR when caught making an easy buck off the troops and govt.
Delta made a buck off the government, not off the troops. The troops will be reimbursed when they file their travel claims. The government should pay just the same as any other customer. This is a non-event made into a story for the sake of sensationalism and you've bought into it hook, line and sinker. I won't say you're stupid but you are ignorant.

And yes, I would say any Republican Senator making the comments Boxer did would be just as wrong and just as much a sensationalist looking for a sound bite. I condemn stupidity no matter what their political affiliation.

Latest resources

Back