• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Delta Shrink

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Just in time for what? Is hiring going to stop? I have an interview in April, just wondering.

I think he means just in time before all hell breaks loose at ASA. It's like we are all the lower class people on the titantic while it's sinking. BL has the key to the gate and won't let us out. Only those who get hired elsewhere are allowed on the rescue boat. Hopefully my boat has a widget.

Just wandering who's all seen the shrink during phase two. He seemed nice, but I still don't agree with he/she having the power to decide your fate as an airline pilot. I hear a few guys are getting shot down by the shrink, and so long Delta career. Anyone know how long before you know something??

Besides, anyone who passes the Cognitive Skills should deserve a class regardless.

I was hired in 2000. Back then the shrink did not have veto power[FONT=&quot]. I think it is still the same. His recommendation is one part of your total package which also includes two written pysc tests.

Good luck!
[/FONT]

I think he means just in time before all hell breaks loose at ASA. It's like we are all the lower class people on the titantic while it's sinking. BL has the key to the gate and won't let us out. Only those who get hired elsewhere are allowed on the rescue boat. Hopefully my boat has a widget.

Aha, thanks.

The almighty ACL65PILOT once again puts me at ease. I just can't bear another minute staying at ASA.

If that's true then don't relax just because things "look good" at Delta for you.

I was in that position in 1998. Got through phase three, got a letter from Plato offering me a position as a pilot, was told I was in the "pool" (they didn't call it that but that was what it was).

Six months later got another letter - "Unfortunately you do not meet our requirements." I called Plato and asked why and he said he didn't know - somebody in flight ops had pulled me and another ASA guy. I asked when I could reapply, and he said once you get past phase three, if you get shot down you can never reapply, not in this lifetime.

I'm just saying - if you are intent on leaving ASA (man do I remember THAT feeling) keep hitting other possibilities until you're sitting in the Kremlin with an ID.....

If that's true then don't relax just because things "look good" at Delta for you.

I was in that position in 1998. Got through phase three, got a letter from Plato offering me a position as a pilot, was told I was in the "pool" (they didn't call it that but that was what it was).

Six months later got another letter - "Unfortunately you do not meet our requirements." I called Plato and asked why and he said he didn't know - somebody in flight ops had pulled me and another ASA guy. I asked when I could reapply, and he said once you get past phase three, if you get shot down you can never reapply, not in this lifetime.

I'm just saying - if you are intent on leaving ASA (man do I remember THAT feeling) keep hitting other possibilities until you're sitting in the Kremlin with an ID.....

That's scary dude! Yea, once I get that ID badge, then I can put my mind at rest.

Might be fun if you were already hired at FDX, SWA, or somewhere else to look seriously into the eyes of the shrink and ask if you can beat off while he's asking you questions...

I woudn't DO IT, mind you....but asking just to the see the expression on his face would be priceless.

It's not an exact science, that's for sure. I think the guy who green-lighted 737Pylof ended up taking his own life when he recognized the magnitude of his mistake....

LOL! Sorry you didn't get hired retard. We're hiring f/a's again now if you're interested!

Might be fun if you were already hired at FDX, SWA, or somewhere else to look seriously into the eyes of the shrink and ask if you can beat off while he's asking you questions...

I woudn't DO IT, mind you....but asking just to the see the expression on his face would be priceless.

I'm bettin you would be hired. Look at some of the Delta folk here, 737pylt...........oh yeah I guess he is the only one.

This message is hidden because 400ADude is on your ignore list.

Oh look 400ahole responding to a DL thread. I bet its more of his usual drivel, anti DL anti Air Tran. I bet his mom was sodomized something fierce by some ATL dudes for him to have so much hatred!:laugh: :laugh:

This message is hidden because 400ADude is on your ignore list.

Oh look 400ahole responding to a DL thread. I bet its more of his usual drivel, anti DL anti Air Tran. I bet his mom was sodomized something fierce by some ATL dudes for him to have so much hatred!:laugh: :laugh:

Big word here folks. Throw in mom and it gets even better.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back