Delta ship 638 Paint job

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

astroglider

I recently flew a DAL 757 ship 638 with the new DAL paint job. Paint job was o.k. but the aircraft had an offensive and insulting note painted on both sides of the aircraft right under the cockpit windows. The note looked like a cartoon balloon text coming from the Capt's window on one side and the F/O's window on the other side. Basically the note said we the 47,000 Delta employees would like to thank our CEO Jerry Grinstein for his leadership.

What a joke!!! Management painted a thank you note to JERRY!!!

HE WAS A BIG REASON WHY WE GOT INTO BANKRUPTCY IN THE FIRST PLACE!!!

HERE'S AN IDEA!!! HOW ABOUT THANKING THE EMPLOYEES!!!!

We went from 78,000 employee pre-9/11 to 47,000 today, we took Draconian pay cuts, cuts to benefits, changes in workrules, lost our retirement completely.

What did Jerry do for Delta??? HE hired Leo Mullin. He fell asleep at the wheel while on the BOD while Leo, Fred and Michelle ran Delta into the ground. Then when Jerry did become CEO he took 10 months to do an economic assessment of Delta. Ten months!!! He'd been on Delta's board for 20 years!!! After the assessment he stated he was shocked at the poor shape Delta was in???

The note is placed so it can be read by passengers from the gate area...and looks like the pilots are saying it...YGTBSM...99% of the PILOTS HATE JERRY!!!

I guess what really pissed me off the most is it puts words in my mouth that are so opposite my true feelings. It took restraint on the part of the crew not to open the windows and either peel the note off or find spray paint and paint over it. A quick way to some time though...so we didn't...

Or at the celebration party when Jerry came on stage, all the fools in the crowd were chearing so loud that he delayed speaking, then he went into the dance, all I could think was I hope this old man falls and breaks ahip. Where did they dig up all those employees to chear for him like that, hey he may have took our pay but todays a new day and this guys cool??????

I recently flew a DAL 757 ship 638 with the new DAL paint job. Paint job was o.k. but the aircraft had an offensive and insulting note painted on both sides of the aircraft right under the cockpit windows. The note looked like a cartoon balloon text coming from the Capt's window on one side and the F/O's window on the other side. Basically the note said we the 47,000 Delta employees would like to thank our CEO Jerry Grinstein for his leadership.

We went from 78,000 employee pre-9/11 to 47,000 today, we took Draconian pay cuts, cuts to benefits, changes in workrules, lost our retirement completely.

What did Jerry do for Delta??? HE hired Leo Mullin. He fell asleep at the wheel while on the BOD while Leo, Fred and Michelle ran Delta into the ground. Then when Jerry did become CEO he took 10 months to do an economic assessment of Delta. Ten months!!! He'd been on Delta's board for 20 years!!! After the assessment he stated he was shocked at the poor shape Delta was in???

The note is placed so it can be read by passengers from the gate area...and looks like the pilots are saying it...YGTBSM...99% of the PILOTS HATE JERRY!!!

I guess what really pissed me off the most is it puts words in my mouth that are so opposite my true feelings. It took restraint on the part of the crew not to open the windows and either peel the note off or find spray paint and paint over it. A quick way to some time though...so we didn't...

Are you serious about that "balloon"? Maybe it was only on the 1st new paint job? Maybe we can all pool some $ (YEAH RIGHT....asking DAL pilots to give a dollar) and have MX sabotage that when it comes out of the paint shop..like forget the words or change them to thank the employees that sacrificed..etc..etc

I am looking out the window at it as we speak. It is at gate D2 in SLC. That sucks for you guys...the words are horiffic. It reads: "JERRY, THANK YOU FOR YOUR LEADERSHIP FROM THE 47,163 EMPLOYEES OF DELTA" Untrue words from the majority of pilots at Delta I would imagine....​

Last edited:
Go Delta! Go Grinstein! Yea! Rah, Rah-Ree!

Sad.

Sad? Are you talking about your life flying an RJ? At least Grinstein gave back the $10 million bonus he would have gotten from DL and gave it to a fund for scholarships and emergencies for Delta employees and their families. Look what the other CEO's did with their bonuses. Grinstein wasn't a savior, since he hired Leo Mullin, but he did OK in the end. Hopefully he will leave us in good hands with Whitehurst leading and Bastian staying as CFO.

Bye Bye--General Lee

You my be angry, but did you ever think that Daltas BK was at least 15 years old. DAL never knew how to compete..everytime SWA entered a market, we retreated but yet we awarded our employees record contracts(at least the pilots!) Do not spew all this crap about how the pilots took the brunt. With the cash payouts the pilots had, is it any wonder why the remaining were left with the bag? ALPA negotiated this contract and has to live with it. At least General Lee recognizes it...

Wow. That is just beyond appalling.

I've noticed that Sharpie brand markers are very good at holding up to weather over the years. Perhaps a pilot could "help out" the line guys with "cleaning the windows" some day.

I would.

C

That is what life is like for the working class. Youre opinion doesn't matter to anyone who matters, ie, management. You can bitch and moan all day, but at the end of the day you are just another worker. Remember capitalism is great.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back