• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Delta scope

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
the Air Mekong CR9s are in the UK right now. I spoke last with the inspector who's flying over to to the acceptance checks..

... and they didn't come out of our fleet to go over there.

Seriously man, if you want scope, try the mouthwash aisle. You won't find Scope within the Delta ranks.

That would have been a true statement 10 years ago. Everyone here has had their career potential screwed by poor scope, and most know it, too.

Now THAT's gotta be a fun time.....General Lee and a 'very senior' Delta Captain locked up front for 12 hrs!

That could never happen. Any flight over 8 hours requires 3 pilots (over 12 hours means 4 total pilots), and that means sleep breaks. So, there is no way anyone would be stuck with me for 12 hours straight up front in the cockpit. Nope. Sorry. Good try!

Bye Bye--General Lee

Last edited:
That could never happen. Any flight over 8 hours requires 3 pilots (over 12 hours means 4 total pilots), and that means sleep breaks. So, there is no way anyone would be stuck with me for 12 hours straight up front in the cockpit. Nope. Sorry. Good try!

Bye Bye--General Lee

Why do I get the feeling there are a lot of your cohorts that are very thankful that they don't have to spend 12 hours with you.

The CPS MEC vote was to respond to a question posed by ALPA National in regard to CPS forming their own MEC. It was down premerger lines. Why? It does not matter.

In the end the choice was made to give the CPS pilots their own MEC where they could guide their own path. Think possible DFR with DAL pilots negotiating scope that may effect CPS. Either way, their MEC was formed in March.

As for the 76/70 seat scope question:
255 total 76/70 seat jets are allowed under the DALPA PWA. Of the 255 153 are allowed to be 76 seat jets until DAL mainline passes I beleive 763 airframes. After that point DAL can take delivery of three 76 seat jets for each additional mainline jet to a total of 255 76 seat jet. It is tied to mainline growth. In effect 102 more jets could be 76 seat jets if Mainline grows to close to 800 airframes and stays that way until the DCI 76 seat jets are on property. Once on property the number can not be reduced per the 76 Seat Scope Settlement.

DCI can operate all of the 255 as 70 seat jets if they so chose, but cannot add more 76 seat jets until their is growth at mainline. The additional 700's from Horizon are totally legal under the Section One limits of the D-ALPA PWA. I need to check but I beleive that they can add 8-12 more before they hit 255 total 70/76 seat airframes at DCI.

Of note the only 175's that can be operated above the 86,000lb limit are the CPS 175's. Only the initial 36(as I recall it is 36) not the options if they were every converted in to orders.

Interesting, thanks ACL65. As a Mesaba guy I can only hope for some sort of airframe replacement for the Saabs. Going though this crap again when others are hiring and/or recalling furloughs pretty much blows. Not to mention putting earnest money down on a home to be built on the day of the announcement is very bad timing. But for any that did not see this happening was not paying attention to what Delta really wants.

Hey there were guys that had to close on houses after the announced DFW was "De-hubbing" too!

Latest resources

Back