• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Delta scope

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Is it possible for Delta to take back scope, meaning fly the 900s/175s with their own pilots?

Any of the CR9s or E175s that have more than 76 seats would be flown by mainline pilots. That is the deal. DL already has payrates for those planes for mainline pilots. And NO, I don't forsee anymore give backs in scope, since the last one was done with a BK judge watching. Every Captain I have flown with lately (very senior too) says NO WAY to giving away anymore scope. Anyone who dreams otherwise is doing just that, dreaming.(especially the 100 seater)

Bye Bye--General Lee

Last edited:
Any of the CR9s or E175s that have more than 76 seats would be flown by mainline pilots. That is the deal. DL already has payrates for those planes for mainline pilots. And NO, I don't forsee anymore give backs in scope, since the last one was done with a BK judge watching. Every Captain I have flown with lately (very senior too) says NO WAY to giving away anymore scope. Anyone who dreams otherwise is doing just that, dreaming.(especially the 100 seater)

Bye Bye--General Lee

About time!

Bye Bye--General Lee
Too late...the "senior" pilots already ruined the industry. It'll take another generation to regain it.

Their MEC voted down taking the Compass airplanes........by a slim margin....

I'm going to assume you are talking about the vote to remove Compass pilots from the DALPA MEC. There was never any vote that I'm aware of to take the Compass airplanes. I'm not exactly sure how that would work anyway.

DALPA: "We've voted to take the Compass airplanes."

Delta: "No."

DALPA: "Ok, thanks for the time."

Too late...the "senior" pilots already ruined the industry. It'll take another generation to regain it.

Those "senior" pilots were mainly the 2000 or so that left with their lump sum retirement before the BK. They didn't even know what an RJ was, since they were used to flying to Europe or wherever and really never dealing with them. The rest of the pilots flying around ATL all the time saw the RJs grow and take away flying. Now those ex MD88 and 727 Captains are widebody Captains, and still remember what they saw as their domestic cities went by the way of the RJ. The same thing has happened over at NWA with those guys, with DTW and MSP being infested with RJs. Trust me, a lot of guys are anti-RJ.

Bye Bye---General Lee

If the pilots ran the airline I might be worried then, but they don't.

You better be worried anyway. I know that ASA just got 4 more CR7s, but other than that Delta RJs are going away fast---like the 22 ERJs at Freedom, and now some props from Mesaba are going away with no likely replacement. How about the CR9s going to Vietnam? Why would they do that, eh? Does Air Mekong really mean "Mesa Air" in Vietnamese? That is what I heard, anyway...... RA and others from management don't seem to be too impressed with RJs as a whole, and I think he said 50 or so 50 seaters will be going away this year alone. Your days are numbered unless you want a Vietnamese Egg Roll shoved up your a$#. You should have jumped when you could, but now you are an old timer with old ballz.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Last edited:
General
I try to debate, discuss the issues, not really appropriate for a mid 40's pilot to be talking about shoving something somewhere. Save that for the teenagers that troll the forums.

Now to the point you tried to make, I have yet to see DALPA do anything that worries me anymore than global warming. Labor isn't in a position to be dictating much. Holding ground would be a success.

You better be worried anyway. I know that ASA just got 4 more CR7s, but other than that Delta RJs are going away fast---like the 22 ERJs at Freedom, and now some props from Mesaba are going away with no likely replacement. How about the CR9s going to Vietnam? Why would they do that, eh? Does Air Mekong really mean "Mesa Air" in Vietnamese? That is what I heard, anyway...... RA and others from management don't seem to be too impressed with RJs as a whole, and I think he said 50 or so 50 seaters will be going away this year alone. Your days are numbered unless you want a Vietnamese Egg Roll shoved up your a$#. You should have jumped when you could, but now you are an old timer with old ballz.

Bye Bye---General Lee

You have been predicting ASA's doom and gloom for way to long.Your worthless airbag rants are getting tiresome!!

Latest resources

Back