Delta says me to, me to !!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Gen Lee,

Your correct, the article said 65 million. I guess that is chump change right ?? Unbelievable.

4.9 billion is a balance sheet liability that won't correct itself overnight. I would consider this a very serious issue.

You think the stock market is down now pray to God and Alan Greenspan that interest rates don't go up or the stock market and the construction industry will go down the toilet. Remember 1991 ?

Last edited:
rjcap, General Lee, wil, Networ-King,

Please don't give those corporate geed-mongers a dime, if and when our contract is opened up again. We 1,310 furloughees have already given our 100% paycuts. And we probably will not be back in DAL's cockpits for many years to come.

I can barely stand to keep reading the "news" articles about the need to retain (and highly compensate come hell or high water) the "best and brightest" management types in order for DAL to succeed. Garbage.

Trying to forge ahead and keep things in perspective.;) :) :cool:

Oshkosh,

Don't include me in that bunch. Im with you .... out on the street on my second furlough now in two years. Somebody needs to clean house at all the majors. All of these managment pukes need to be rid of someway or somehow. At least the AA pilots had some balls and kicked Carty out? HHMMMM I wonder where he is now? Oh yeah, he's exactly where our FU*KED up managment would be if they got canned. On the FU*KING street with nowhere to go, cause nobody wants a Friggin loser. I hope DAL pilots grow a pair and oust the whole bunch of morons running the show into the ground over there on virginia ave. What a clusterfu*k. 65 million dollars to line their pockets and they want us to take a pay cut WTFO?

Cu@OSHKOSH and Networ-King,

I know this is another rough time in both of your careers but better times are on the way. I don't think Dalpa is going to give away the farm, but they continue to meet and confer without our input sometimes---you know how it goes. What I hear on the line could be totally different in the Dalpa MEC secret meetings. With things getting better in the industry, I doubt we would give the full 31%, and if we did give anything---like a probable 10%-15%, it would be with conditions that would be favorable (hopefully) to all of us---like extending the contract a year or two, or snapbacks etc... With Jetblue getting larger RJ's for their mainline pilots, it also might be more favorable for Dalpa to get some future 70 seaters or no doubt some 100 seaters. I think they know there are 1310 faces that are also staring at them, expecting support. Also, I don't think our employee group will be the only ones to give if we do give. We are the only ones with a contract. And, the $65 million pension thing is the hot topic in all of the crew lounges. Stay strong and I hope to meet you guys on the line someday soon.

Bye Bye--General Lee:cool: :)

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back