• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Delta replacing 50 seater RJs with MD90s

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
This message is hidden because Freebrd is on your ignore list.

Bye Bye--General Lee

plus it was a mostly irrelevant post about used MD90s on the REGIONAL board. Maybe better posted on the major board?

plus it was a mostly irrelevant post about used MD90s on the REGIONAL board. Maybe better posted on the major board?

No, he needs to shove it in our face that we will all be unemployed loser bums begging on the street for change and marveling at his vast superiority over us loser regional scum pilots. This, you see, brings him great pleasure - since he never has been able to achieve something to make him feel superior to anyone!

Unfortunately for us, (Junior Delta pilots) expect a TA late May/early June that dilutes scope protection and a 2 year 20% pay raise in return. It will pass 60/40.

As long as you don't lose your job (unlike Private Wee, I don't wish that on anyone) what does it matter how many seats on the plane going to Dothan has? More seats means more money and a healthy balance sheet for your company. The 767 ain't going to TRI or GNV.

No, he needs to shove it in our face that we will all be unemployed loser bums begging on the street for change and marveling at his vast superiority over us loser regional scum pilots. This, you see, brings him great pleasure - since he never has been able to achieve something to make him feel superior to anyone!

No, that is wrong. I just posted that there are more MD90s out there, but those last Saudia ones probably won't be going to Delta because they have the "MD11 Cockpit" and they may only be used for spare parts. Where did you get "I want to shove it in your faces?" You interpret it that way, but I never said that. I actually want less RJs, but more of YOU guys to come to mainline if you want. With huge retirements coming up, I hope that is the case. I have always thanked ASA guys for helping our furloughed pilots out after 9-11, and a lot of the pilots hired in 07 were ASA pilots. That's good. Overall though, I don't think RJs have helped this industry as a whole, and I hope the trend reverses itself and there are more mainline planes and mainline jobs in the future, which generally pay more and have better benefits. That's all. You can continue to hate me, but that's my opionion.

Bye Bye---General Lee

As long as you don't lose your job (unlike Private Wee, I don't wish that on anyone) what does it matter how many seats on the plane going to Dothan has? More seats means more money and a healthy balance sheet for your company. The 767 ain't going to TRI or GNV.

I know DC9 pilots and A320 guys that now have layovers in FAY and GPT. Those used to be Brasilia and RJ routes, exclusively. Also, We used to fly 737-200s to both GNV and TRI. We used to fly DC8s to CHA----DC-8s!!! Flying A320s or DC9s to FAY is a good thing, meaning we can fill them and maybe as people retire you will have the option of doing that if you want, or bid bigger and fly across the pond. It's all up to you.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Latest resources

Back