• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Delta recall

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I'm in the bypass group, contemplating returning but reviewing the benefits/cost of doing it. Currently have good benefits, retirement, security and home every night. But, the view from the cubicle never changes and airplanes don't ask for 13 pages of PowerPoint every time a decision is required.

The best part of returning to Delta...I haven't used PowerPoint since December 2009!

You have no idea how accurate that is! My first day on the job I was informed by 4 different managers that I was behind on quarterly training requirements. Of course my first day on the job was the last day of the quarter - no matter, just get it done. Aaargh!! A scene straight out of "Office Space".

The view over the top of the Dell laptop is looking worse, you guys may have talked me into it.......

I'm in the bypass group, contemplating returning but reviewing the benefits/cost of doing it. Currently have good benefits, retirement, security and home every night. But, the view from the cubicle never changes and airplanes don't ask for 13 pages of PowerPoint every time a decision is required.

Pluto........Couldn't have said it better. I am an engineer but your comments above apply. I am either going back to flying or put a king air on a 135 cert and lose a ton of money.

Check Six

Not sure about the beni's at Delta, but the last 3 would certainly make for a tough decision. I do love flying, but don't love worrying about having a job every other month. I've been laid off 5 time in the last 7 years from 4 different companies....not fun at all. Best of luck with your decision, when the time comes.

You guys make it sound like flying is interesting. I'd rather watch paint dry, at least you can do that in comfortable clothes.

Then why do you bother coming to an aviation bitch board? Go to the paint drying bitch board and spare us all your drivel. Idiot......

NET

did all those pilots get stapled. They brought no job to the merger. How can that be possible placing someone that is not currently working in front of working pilots. That is just wrong.

M

They were on bypass prior to the merger so there place on the respective seniority list was protected. At UAL we had a few 747,777 captains take a voluntary furlough. They will have there same spot when they return. One of them too the job at CAL and is tossing gear on the 737 for $190+hr.

Chairman

did all those pilots get stapled. They brought no job to the merger. How can that be possible placing someone that is not currently working in front of working pilots. That is just wrong.

M

I had my job prior to the merger and took my contractual bypass... thanks Alpa for letting me bypass. As for the working pilots who got hired after me, they deserve to be below me on the list. MCDU, why don't you try being furloughed. It sux big time. In fact, maybe you upgraded quickly around 03-05 all because I was still on the street. That's just plain wrong, but in the end it's capitalism and the way life in business works. In fact I gained seniority in the NWA-DAL merger... thanks again Alpa. Without you we'd have guys like MCDU screwing us over.

I'll go back on my terms and take my spot that's been held for me back... that's life bro.

Tailhookah

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back