• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Delta Q3 profit

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
What a great job our newly elected ALPA President did for delta huh? Their contract sucks and they made almost a billion bucks. I guess being friendly to management really worked out well.......for management!!!

This from a CAL pilot?:laugh:
John Prater did one hell of a job while in office. But then again, looking at CAL contracts for the last 20 years, its no surprise.
At least he can now bend over at CAL and "take it back."

Does this make it harder for them to hide from giving us a profit share check?

They can't hide the money. Read the dfinition of pre tax income in section 3 of the PWA, write offs and one time charges, among other things, are excluded from pre tax income for determining profit sharing.

They can't hide the money. Read the dfinition of pre tax income in section 3 of the PWA, write offs and one time charges, among other things, are excluded from pre tax income for determining profit sharing.

do you know off hand around when these get paid out?

Yeah, I think he's done relatively well given the challenges the Delta pilots have faced since October 2005.

Under Moak the Delta pilots have given up career crippling amounts of scope. I predict more scope give ups industry wide under Moak's leadership.

Under Moak the Delta pilots have given up career crippling amounts of scope. I predict more scope give ups industry wide under Moak's leadership.

In Bankruptcy Moak gave in on 76 seat jets. A grand total of 30 aircraft that were already authorized pre Moak, were allowed to place 6 extra seats in the aircraft. That's less than 1 B757.

What no one wants to acknowledge is that management wanted 200 79 seat jets and had the contract been rejected there wouldn't have been any scope protections preventing it.

Most of the job losses were not from these 30 RJs, they were from scheduling efficiencies and a reduction of seniority list instructors negotiated by the previous administration.

Yes I voted against LOA 50 and 51, and I won't vote for additional scope concessions, but labelling an additional 180 seats as career crippling for an airline with over 450 aircraft at the time is a bit of a stretch.

What would have been career crippling would have been a successful hostile takeover by Parker or a failed merger with NWA.

There are brighter days ahead, let's seize the opportunities that are in front of us.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back