• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Delta put the breaks on class dates?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
If I had to guess, it's more guys (and gals) coming off personal leaves than anything. I know many of them wanted to come back sooner but couldn't until recently. They made a change and have allowed them to return early.

Just a guess-

Anybody that interviewed end of Jan (30/31) hear anything at all from mother D?

The guys and gals that interviewed on the 23rd and 25th, how long was it until you heard back to schedule a class date?

If I had to guess, it's more guys (and gals) coming off personal leaves than anything. I know many of them wanted to come back sooner but couldn't until recently. They made a change and have allowed them to return early.

some coming back from leaves, some from bypass. But the number right now is under 20. According to the latest newsletter, which came out yesterday, Delta is still forecasting 200 new hires this year.

The numbers that I got were from someone in the hiring dept. If they are false so be it. I am just reporting what I was told. If it wrong then great. I would love to get there sooner.

Fact is that DAL has the best recall rights in the industry.

Uuhh...not sure that is something to hold in high regard. None-the-less, congrats on your new job and your determination to make it through the door after the 5 year holding pattern.

Uuhh...not sure that is something to hold in high regard. None-the-less, congrats on your new job and your determination to make it through the door after the 5 year holding pattern.

Jherk02:
I think it is. If you look at the rest of the legacy carriers, you'll see that most of the furloughs are returned at the year pay rate they were furloughed at. There are 19 year f/o's at AAA that are coming back with 7 year pay longevity! All of DL's returning furloughees are returning to the payroll at their longevity pay.

737 Pylt,

You're right about the longevity for pay. I was considering the recall process itself. I'm not sure which recall rights I would rather have, a 10 years and out option or a list that goes to the bottom and bounces back up. I guess it depends on your situation. Either way, I hope no new hire has to be excited about his company's recall provisions. Hopefully they'll never have to worry about it and are on the front end of a long hiring wave.

737 Pylt,

You're right about the longevity for pay. I was considering the recall process itself. I'm not sure which recall rights I would rather have, a 10 years and out option or a list that goes to the bottom and bounces back up. I guess it depends on your situation. Either way, I hope no new hire has to be excited about his company's recall provisions. Hopefully they'll never have to worry about it and are on the front end of a long hiring wave.

Good points....The one point I might add to that.....After 10 years, I think you have bigger problems with your airline if you haven't been recalled.
Its just my .02

Anybody that interviewed end of Jan (30/31) hear anything at all from mother D?

The guys and gals that interviewed on the 23rd and 25th, how long was it until you heard back to schedule a class date?

I interviewed at the end of January. No news yet... Anyone else???

Latest resources

Back