• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Delta put the breaks on class dates?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
10 new hires in Feb 5th class. All civilian. Three women. One AirTran. The rest from various regionals. One had some back seat time in the mlitary.

Here is the poop.
First class is in. Two start 88 class today.
The next two classes, of which I am in one, MAY be put on hold. 80 pilots that were on furlough have accepted the offer of recall this week. That is approx. two and a half classes of new hires (30 a month). I was told March 12th for a class and then today when I was over there I was informed that it might be as late as May.

Fact is that DAL has the best recall rights in the industry. I am glad these guys and gals are coming back. I have waited five years to go back and reinterview, I can wait a few more months. It will not kill anyone. Plus, it will give the hiring Dept the ability to hone their skills and tighten up the testing and maybe even write a new one. I have to say from what I saw they are looking for different pilots this time around. Good or bad it is what it is.

Why I have no idea, but these were not the same questions that I got in 01. Quite different, and a lot more in depth. I guess that it is all good, but there was a lot of stuff that was not on the gouge for the interview.
I will say, the last question is the one in almost everyones' interview that they will try to back you in to a corner with. Not aggressively so, they just want to make sure that you will not change your mind.

Why I have no idea, but these were not the same questions that I got in 01. Quite different, and a lot more in depth. I guess that it is all good, but there was a lot of stuff that was not on the gouge for the interview.
I will say, the last question is the one in almost everyones' interview that they will try to back you in to a corner with. Not aggressively so, they just want to make sure that you will not change your mind.

...so, what do you mean by "a lot more in depth". And, what is this "last question" thing. I don't quite understand.

Latest resources

Back