Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

BigShow

Delta put the brakes on class dates?

Heard from a new hire that they have asked him to push back his class date due to deferred furloughs now coming back fast. Anyone else heard this?

Last edited:
What was the dudes name that was number last for 6 years? Show's you how important it is to get a number.

You're stuck either way. If you say no you're an inflexible jerk. If you say yes and spend 6 years on the street what do you tell your wife when the cupboard is empty?

Gup

Yep, classes on hold until further notice--furloughed pilots are now interested since the US Airways deal is off the table, can you blame them?
The lucky ones will get to hold the left seat of an RJ with a pilot in the right
seat that most likely has over 2-3000 hours in type and CL-65 Type Rating. Should be interesting.

Yep, classes on hold until further notice--furloughed pilots are now interested since the US Airways deal is off the table, can you blame them?
The lucky ones will get to hold the left seat of an RJ with a pilot in the right
seat that most likely has over 2-3000 hours in type and CL-65 Type Rating. Should be interesting.

What the heck are you talking about?

Are you saying that the class of 14 new hires that started this past Monday has been postponed indefinately?

Jo:
Please put down the crack pipe and step away from the computer!

I haven't heard about classes being put on hold, however if they are it will probably only be for a month. Troy Kane, the furlough plug, is now in class. We did send out letters to people on personal leaves of absence and are giving them a one time shot to come back before their actually leave expires. I know of a few guys accepting but there are only about 50 in this category. The first actual new hire class already started on the 5th or 6th.

I've heard nothing about new hire classes being put on hold, and I know for a fact they are still doing interviews. I have heard the forecasted number of new hires for the year has been scaled back due to renewed interest in returning from furlough. But hiring will continue.

What is the breakdown on the newhires? Are they mostly Military or 121?

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back