Delta Probation

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

fly2002

Hi all. Just a quick question regarding probation at Delta that someone might be able to help answer.

I'm a Dec, 2007 Hire at NWA. At NWA we go off of probation when the first guy from our class was available for reserve. So instead of being off of probation in Dec 2008 my probation ends in the last week of Feb 2009.

So.....will I go off of probation in Feb 2009 (NWA) or will I be under different rules once the merger happens. Will I be off of probation sooner? Say Dec 2008 when I hit my one year mark?

Thanks for the answers and insight guys.

fly2002

After you get off probation at Delta are you still required to wear the Sub Commander uniform? I assume ditching the hat standard even for a guy on IOE. No one should be subject to such humiliation.

Right now, I think longevity at NWA also happens when you go off probation. Will that change too? Never really thought about it until this post.

You will be on "Double secret probation" for supplying "dangerous diet drugs" and alcohol to underage freshman pledges....

Right now, I think longevity at NWA also happens when you go off probation. Will that change too? Never really thought about it until this post.

Correction..see post below. Also don't forget, like ACL said, anyone with over 400 flight time at NWA is off probation even before anniversary date.

P.S. Tanker clown makes me laugh. It's much easier to laugh with an idiot, just gets him more irritated.

Last edited:
Not so fast:

From line 267 of JCBA

Exception three: At CBAID, a former NWA pilot will receive longevity credit as it existed at Northwest immediately prior to CBAID in addition to longevity credit for any periods of furlough that occurred on or after July 31, 1992 (excluding any periods of furlough bypass).

Look like longevity stays the same for Redtails.

The Question that is being asked is if 1st year guys at NWA will get our pay raise at DOH since thats how DAL does it? Effectively if it is changed to the DAL way then everyone at NWA's longevity period will move back to DOH instead of roughly 2 months after DOH.

NWA has a stupid rule that your longevity clock doesnt start until the FIRST person in your class finishes OE, not DOH like it should be.

Latest resources

Back