• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Delta Posts 2nd Qtr Results, Ends Qtr with $5.4 Billion Liquidity

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I find it funny that you would even think that DAL would lower its requirements...

I'll tell you what's funny - Delta pilots slamming Comair pilots for not doing something they themselves wouldn't do.

That's freakin' hilarious!

I'll tell you what's funny - Delta pilots slamming Comair pilots for not doing something they themselves wouldn't do.

No, what's freakin' halarious is watching your flying dwindle!

Don't worry N, we'll give you guys the same consideration you gave our furloughees in 2001-2002!
Now that's freakin' halarious!:laugh:

BTW poindexter, hope you didn't spend all that lawsuit money, you'll need it really bad soon!

No I do not think that the DAL pilots would make a OH pilot give up his seniority at OH if he were hired at DAL while on furlough. Even though it is an upward movement, if the individual wanted to keep his OH number and go back there when they recalled, I am sure DAL would not make an issue about it. Wonder what the heck the guy was thinking, yes, but it probably would not even come up in conversation.

What I like even better is that you think that what you are comparing is apples against apples.
It took how many years to come up with this one.
What the OH MEC did was make something policy. That is where the issue lies.

It is truely scary that some of these yahoos at the sub contractors are flying airplanes. To even insinuate that a job at a sub contractor is even in the same league as a career at any major is laughable at best. At worse, it is scary that is how the lifers little pea brain works. They must get to a point that they have seen so many of their peers move on while they keep getting rejection letters and seniority that they convince themselves that the jobs are equal. As far as Delta hiring a laid off 500hr puppy mill FO vs cmr hiring a laid off former/reserve fighter/transport pilot is not even close to apples/apples. More like apples to ligors. One is brand new to not only the industry but to flying, and the other is new to airline flying but a seasoned pilot with some of the most rigorous training/selection out there(I am a civilian/commuter pilot btw. just so this doesn't start a mil/civ bashing)

No I do not think that the DAL pilots would make a OH pilot give up his seniority at OH if he were hired at DAL while on furlough. Even though it is an upward movement, if the individual wanted to keep his OH number and go back there when they recalled, I am sure DAL would not make an issue about it. Wonder what the heck the guy was thinking, yes, but it probably would not even come up in conversation.

What I like even better is that you think that what you are comparing is apples against apples.
It took how many years to come up with this one.
What the OH MEC did was make something policy. That is where the issue lies.

I agree, when I get to DAL I had 10 years of 121 time, over 6K of 121 PIC time and various other job titles.
Fact was that I was the norm here at DAL. IE, I was as qualified as 70% of my class, and more qualified than 30% of it. There were some younger ones, but most of them had impressive resumes as well.

It is apples to oranges. The only reason DCI exists is due to our Section 1. Plain and simple, good or bad.

This guy needs a psych eval.

Latest resources

Back