• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Delta Posts 2nd Qtr Results, Ends Qtr with $5.4 Billion Liquidity

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Those large RJ's are sure adding a lot of ASM's.

Saw one SKW jet sitting next to me in ATL the other day. It was on it way to Bozeman, MT. Who in their right mind would willingly sit in that for four hrs?

Keyword is "Willingly". I'm sure most rj drivers on here have done something similar. Mine includes MSP->TUS, JAX->MSP in a CRJ200. When the pax walk down the jetbridge unknowingly and turns the corner and bam! What an experience. I felt bad for my FA for the 3+ hours of torture.

Those large RJ's are sure adding a lot of ASM's.

Saw one SKW jet sitting next to me in ATL the other day. It was on it way to Bozeman, MT. Who in their right mind would willingly sit in that for four hrs?

Considering Pinnacle is operating 8xx and 9xx series DL flight numbers... the distinction isn't really there.

Besides pax really dont understand the industry anyways. It's all captains, copilots, tarmacs, commuter prop jobs and jumbo jets to them.

Furloughees from Comair likely wouldn't qualify to get hired at DL.... You still seem to be under the idea that getting hired at Comair is the same effort as getting hired at DL?

I didn't see us hiring any 600 TT this last cycle, did you?

So you and ACL65PILOT are saying that Delta has a hiring practice and your pilot group would be reluctant to have the DMEC approach management to change that extra-contractual protocol so furloughees from Comair, Mesaba or any other regional for that matter, could be hired there.

Am I getting that right?

Maybe if I restated the question: Delta pilots have no interest in lobbying management to adjust the hiring protocols that are outside the perview of the contract so low time regional furloughees could be hired there. Isn't that true?

Last edited:
Maybe if I restated the question: Delta pilots have no interest in lobbying management to adjust the hiring protocols that are outside the perview of the contract so low time regional furloughees could be hired there. Isn't that true?

When mainline pilots say "jump"....they expect regional pilots to say "how high"....When that doesn't happen they get pi$$y. Your analogy is dead on....Mainline would never spend capital to change management hiring requirements for furlouged regional pilots...yet they expect us to do that for them.

The double standard is clear to see.....

I would hardly call hiring standards at regionals "stringent," Joe and N2264J. If youre qualified to get hired at major or legacy, you're qualified for a regional. It doesn't exactly work the other way around. The issue with the DL furloughees at OH was only the seniority number. I don't believe the OH mgmt or MEC approached DL to hire their furloughees either, did they?

You guys are career squatters at low end companies. I'm in my 3rd year at DL and I'll equal what you're making in-what is it now, year 15?- Joe.

Why don't you turn the analogy around to AirTran or JetBlue. They have similar hiring qualifications to the legacies. Did they relax their hiring standards for Comair furloughs? Each of those have piles of legacy furloughs that have no intentions of returning to their respective legacies.

Last edited:

Heyas,

Well, considering that Congress is just about to make low timers unemployable by ANY airline, let alone Delta, I'd think it would just be a waste of negotiating capital.

Congress has made it clear that low timers have no place in the cockpit of 121 ops, no matter the size of the aircraft. Not only that, but the ATP requirement gets rid of the MPL spectre as well.

If it passes, things will be looking up. Maybe the uber children can go back and instruct for a bit...

Nu

When mainline pilots say "jump"....they expect regional pilots to say "how high"....When that doesn't happen they get pi$$y. Your analogy is dead on....Mainline would never spend capital to change management hiring requirements for furlouged regional pilots...yet they expect us to do that for them.

The double standard is clear to see.....
:bawling::bawling::bawling:

Stretching the facts again. Kind of like telling people that they will be junior to people that they were once senior to when the lists are combined.

I find it funny that you would even think that DAL would lower its requirements, which by the way are very low to begin with, so that we would hire OH pilots while they were out on furlough.
I am sure that as soon as OH started recalling they would leave DAL for their job at OH. Where the heck do you come up with that stuff.

If they meet this mins here at DAL they would be given a shot, contrary to what everyone thinks, they look no differently on an OH pilot. They are just one more qualified candidate.
Also, I am sure that DAL would not ask for your resignation letter from OH or EV. In fact I do not think they even asked for guys resignation letters from airlines like CAL.

Latest resources

Back