• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Delta plane slides off taxiway at Detroit Metro

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
So all the nw planes have two jumps/ but delta still playing the jumpseat d-bags eh?

Still?

I didn't realize- why on earth does any airlines pilot group allow their company to do that?

"Reciprocal"?? Hello??

So all the nw planes have two jumps/ but delta still playing the jumpseat d-bags eh?

Still?

I didn't realize- why on earth does any airlines pilot group allow their company to do that?

"Reciprocal"?? Hello??

I remember the Capt giving a SWA pilot the "jumpseat" from NRT to SFO (2nd jumpseat open, she got a nice seat in back too) after she got the "jumpseat" from Bangkok to Narita. Yeah.... Reciprocal????

Bye Bye---General Lee

Still?

"Reciprocal"?? Hello??
Not all NWA a/c had two J/S's....

I remember the Capt giving a SWA pilot the "jumpseat" from NRT to SFO (2nd jumpseat open, she got a nice seat in back too) after she got the "jumpseat" from Bangkok to Narita. Yeah.... Reciprocal????

Bye Bye---General Lee

The problem is she didn't get the "jumpseat" since you can't sit in the jumpseat on an international flight if you're not a Delto pilot. So, yeah, she got a nice seat in the back, the same opportunity afforded any offline Flight Attendant. The more important issue is the amount of jumpseats in the cockpit, because that is where it only matters.

The problem is she didn't get the "jumpseat" since you can't sit in the jumpseat on an international flight if you're not a Delto pilot. So, yeah, she got a nice seat in the back, the same opportunity afforded any offline Flight Attendant. The more important issue is the amount of jumpseats in the cockpit, because that is where it only matters.

Ummm, she did get the "jumpseat" because there are 4 seats in the 767ER cockpit, but that flight only needed 3 pilots because it was less than 12 hours. She didn't sit upfront, but got the "jumpseat" benefit, and got a great seat in "business Elite" for 9 plus hours, only having to pay local taxes. She also did the same from BKK to NRT, only 2 pilots on that A330 and 4 seats. She seemed really happy about it.

There are 319/320, 757ER (ex TWA), and 767ER flights within the US that have two cockpit jumpseats, and they aren't taking those out. If you need the extra jumpseat opportunity, then look for those. DL pilots can also take open FA jumpseats, so asking them if they'd do that is another option. I recently gave up a 757 jumpseat from SLC to ATL for an ABX 76 Capt and sat on the aft FA jumpseat in the tail for 3 hours. Not a biggie. That sorta counts for an extra jump. If you need to, ask....

Bye Bye---General Lee

Last edited:
Merry Christmas fellow FI ers.

When I first worked at SWA there were no reciprocal jumpseat agreement with Delta or American but we happily hauled every one of their pilots on the jumpseat. Their unions didn't want to negotiate something away to acquire that perk. There was an agreement just not reciprocal. I think it was around 1991 or so we got an actual reciprocal agreement with Delta.

And will continue to happily do the same.

Merry Christmas to all- esp if you're flying -

Don't bite too much on my flame- thought it was transparent enough- we got a handful of planes now with no second jumpseat (ex- air tran?) and I think that's crap too that we're not going to install the o2 mask to get them in.

Delta has treated me well and hauled my arse all over the world- I only wish our 73 jumpseat could rotate 90* and recline like that stretch 76.

Thank you all at all airlines for the rides over the 20 years:)

Latest resources

Back