• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Delta Plane Loses Wing Panel During Flight

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Unbelievable that in this day and age some of you can still get your chain yanked by a veteran FI troll.

Scoot, I serve our great nation. That's hardly a freeloader. Show some respect.

SMcC, to answer your question, yes I do. It takes a couple seconds and isn't a big deal.

Delta guys still make significantly less than a SWA guy. I've heard of SWA captains making $400k/year. The highest paid Delta pilot and copilot put together don't make that much. Delta 737 captains make SWA copilot money. And that's after they caved on RJ code share to get raises.

That's why I'm sure that this level of apathy runs rampant there. The company doesn't care enough to pay you well, so why should you care enough to look at the wings? As a professional, you should. But at that pay rate, I could see why you would blow it off.

I just want to know where that panel is....who's house or car it hit.. maybe this Is tied to MH370 somehow!... come on here.. crap happens no pilot is inspecting the upper wing surface.

If it wasn't there before the flight, I have a feeling that numerous passengers would have noticed and said something.

It's highly unlikely that the panel was missing before flight. If so, you would be able to see daylight (provided it was daytime) through the top of the wing during the walk-around. You don't even have to be in the aircraft looking though the window. The large cylinder you see is the right main gear retract actuator. This can also be seen from under the right main gear during a walk-around. Of course, if the panel's not fastened, that's another story!

Delta guys still make significantly less than a SWA guy. I've heard of SWA captains making $400k/year. The highest paid Delta pilot and copilot put together don't make that much.
Last Europe trip I flew, the 2 7ER FO's put together made more than that last year. Your anti DAL dooshbaggery here is long documented, but at least try to get your facts even close to accurate. K?

Last Europe trip I flew, the 2 7ER FO's put together made more than that last year. Your anti DAL dooshbaggery here is long documented, but at least try to get your facts even close to accurate. K?

Hahahahaha. OK. You bet. Hahahahahaha. Hilarious.

Unbelievable that in this day and age some of you can still get your chain yanked by a veteran FI troll.

He's okay, it's amusing to watch him get my friends at Delta wound up.

But he's no Instructor Dude. Now there is a professional troll. Watching Instructor Dude effortlessly inspire rage in people here is awesome.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back