• Watchers 24

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
COpilot said:
Drop this thread and face it, we live in an industry of $175/hr widebody pay, and 401k retirements, and theres nothing to stop it.

$175 an hour wide body pay!? I'd settle for that right now. Problem is Delta wants to take us below that. Under the company proposal a Delta 767ER captain would make less than an Airtran 717 captain.

COpilot said:
Blah, blah,blah!!!!

Spineless,,,, UA,US,NW,DL,,, No one at any of these airlines is going to go on strike against a ruthless management for the "good of the profession". Sure it was easy to tell the CO, and EA crews to walk the line while DL flew extra sections to MIA in '89. But now that its a different place and time; "oh no, I'm not going to strike and shut down MY company." What a bunch of hypocrites.

Drop this thread and face it, we live in an industry of $175/hr widebody pay, and 401k retirements, and theres nothing to stop it.

That's not true.

Get New Management

After a few beers among fellow pilots, the following was proposed:

Why not have the pilot union actively seek and interview their choice for replacement management, one they feel will do what is best for them and the company. Make it an ultimatum, we work for the guys we picked, or let the games begin... That would put a few boards on edge if the union came up with a reasonable management team.

Maybe to many beers...

FYI: you guys forgot to mention that Aloha is currently in the middle of an 1113c hearing. There were 2 days of testimony and the judge continued it until next week. If he grants the 1113c that would be bad news for Delta and NWA because up til now no judge has granted an 1113c.

Delta Pilots set the standard with there last contract, Stand Tall and don't give in like the rest of us......Good Luke Guys and FU!K MGT...........

Many good points here. Delta lenders want their income stream. To get the assets back all at once would cost a lot of income as they try to dispose of them.

A strike by Delta pilots would help all pilots, except for the Delta ones. I have too many friends at Delta and hope they can continue to provide for their families. But a bona fide threat of strike will help keep pay higher than without it. I hope the brinksmanship works out as planned.

The good news is revenue is picking up nicely. Gas is starting to fall in price (not sure about jet fuel). After more refining capacity comes back online in the gulf it will fall further and may reduce the crack spread. This has got to be a better time to work on concessions than 6 short months ago.

BTW, someone should ask the millionaires in the retired Delta pilots association to sponsor a car wash or bake sale for the furloughes. That would be more helpful than their BS mailings to those furloughed.

michael707767 said:
I have already started lining up my next career........away from aviation.

Speaking from my own decision and experience...it will be the best decisoin you ever made. Personally, I still fly...but for FUN!

AZT

This is really sad. In the past week I have been contacted by several DL mx techs that are looking to move on. One of them told me that there was an ad in Atlanta jobs (not sure if online or print) that said in the job description they wanted to hire mx techs in ATL with experience on all the aircraft that DL flies. I think he said the company was Aero Tech. Two of my clients have been there over 15 years and they said the pay is going down fast with the signing of some new agreement.

Sorry if I am not being coherent - it has been a long day.

FlyBoeingJets said:
BTW, someone should ask the millionaires in the retired Delta pilots association to sponsor a car wash or bake sale for the furloughes. That would be more helpful than their BS mailings to those furloughed.

FBJ;

You need to address your comments to JG at DP3.

It will be weird to see an early-retired guy flying the left seat with a formerly furloughed junior as the FO, while the Delta pilots-with-paychecks are walking a picket line.

A complete reversal of fortune.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back