• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

kmox29

I'm open! I'm open!
Posted on April 10th, 2008 – 3:07 PM
By Casey Common This just in: Bloomberg News reported that the Delta pilots have OK’d their revised contract — potentially clearing the way for a merger with Northwest. Bloomberg cited anonymous sources familiar with the talks.
The deal includes pay raises and an equity stake in the combined airline, Bloomberg said, echoing earlier reports in saying the merger announcement could come next week.
Stay tuned…

As an outsider looking in, what meaning does this have?

Michael, do you have the details, I do not.
Not sure that we are screwed yet, but if we are, I am not surprised and like all of my other "brothers" I have taken precautions if I do get an unpaid vacation.
It is the times we live in.
I would not say that we are screwed just yet, maybe after the NWA MEC's response to this I will.

Delta Accord Paves Way for Northwest Deal, People Say (Update1)
By [bn:pRSN=1] Mary Jane Credeur [] and [bn:pRSN=1] Mary Schlangenstein []
April 10 (Bloomberg) -- Delta Air Lines Inc. and its pilots agreed on a tentative contract to clear the way for a merger with Northwest Airlines Corp. that would create the world's largest carrier, people familiar with the talks said.
The pilot accord includes higher pay and an equity stake in the combined airline, which would keep Delta's name and Atlanta headquarters, said the people, who didn't want to be identified because the plan is still private. The tie-up may be announced next week, the people said.
To work around an impasse between Delta and Northwest pilots, who couldn't agree on how to mesh their ranks, Delta is drawing up the new contract with just its 7,000 pilots, said the people. Northwest's 5,000 pilots will be asked to join under a single contract later, the people said.
Negotiations to create a combined seniority list may take months to complete, the people said. Pilots for both companies are represented by the Air Line Pilots Association.
The merger includes a small premium for Northwest investors, three of the people said.
Delta spokeswoman Betsy Talton declined to comment, other than to reiterate that the company's board committee to assess mergers remains active. Tammy Lee, a spokeswoman for Eagan, Minnesota-based Northwest, declined to comment.
To contact the reporters on this story: Mary Jane Credeur in Atlanta at [email protected]; Mary Schlangenstein in Dallas at [email protected]
Last Updated: April 10, 2008 16:14 EDT

It means Lee Moak has found a way to f*ck the junior pilots once again.

Micheal....I don't think that's the case at all, I think he did what he was elected to do...look out for DAL Pilots....ALL of us. This merger was going to be forced on us one way or the other, I think that Lee and company chose to accept reality and make the best of a potentially bad situation. Now that the die has been cast, if there are airframes to be parked and guys to be put on the street....my money say's it's not on our side of the "fence". NWALPA had PLENTY of time and multiple chances to play nice and they chose to be obstructionist instead. They will now reap what they have sown....NOTHING.

NWALPA had PLENTY of time and multiple chances to play nice and they chose to be obstructionist instead. They will now reap what they have sown....NOTHING.

Can you post your source? Didn't think so.... Nothin like bein a misinformed tool.

Micheal....I don't think that's the case at all, I think he did what he was elected to do...look out for DAL Pilots....ALL of us. This merger was going to be forced on us one way or the other, I think that Lee and company chose to accept reality and make the best of a potentially bad situation. Now that the die has been cast, if there are airframes to be parked and guys to be put on the street....my money say's it's not on our side of the "fence". NWALPA had PLENTY of time and multiple chances to play nice and they chose to be obstructionist instead. They will now reap what they have sown....NOTHING.

Nice try, if all the crap goes to the NWA side, the new merger will bring both houses down as 4500 pissed of NWA pilots take pleasure in making that happen.

Anderson will never let that happen. He's way too smart for that.

If you are junior at either carrier............. you know the rest.

Typical Redtail mentality never ceases to amaze me. Unless you have been living under a rock for the past 4 months you would would realize that both companies and mec's have been negotiating/meeting to put a deal together. My sources:

DAL
NWA
DALPA
NWALPA
ALPA
CNN
FOX
CBS
NBC
ABC
CNBC
BLOOMBERG
In addition to the dozen or so local, state and national politictions who have come out for/against the merger.

NWALPA: If you ingnore it it will go away. Sounds alot like thier negotiating tactics.

Typical Redtail mentality never ceases to amaze me. Unless you have been living under a rock for the past 4 months you would would realize that both companies and mec's have been negotiating/meeting to put a deal together. My sources:

DAL
NWA
DALPA
NWALPA
ALPA
CNN
FOX
CBS
NBC
ABC
CNBC
BLOOMBERG
In addition to the dozen or so local, state and national politictions who have come out for/against the merger.

NWALPA: If you ingnore it it will go away. Sounds alot like thier negotiating tactics.

You must be junior, Sorry.

Latest resources

Back