• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Delta Pilots Association (DPA)

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Really, its the binding arbitration that you agreed to. Your pilot group did not like the result and they went "full retard." You never go full retard. You should do the honorable thing and honor your obligations.

That sums it up well. The simple fact is USAir was in trouble and AmWest saved them. You couldn't have two harder to merge lists so the correct thing to do would certainly be to get a third party to decide, given human nature it was the only option. It's when one party realized they had a tool that could be used to benefit them and srcew everyone else in the process that they screwed the pooch. The perception that DOH is the only thing to consider doesn't take into account it also means that a Captain for the airline that saved USAir should somehow end up junior to someone on furlough? That's why arbitration was the only way, but the USAPIANS decided self interest was more important than anything. I'm guessing that all the crap the east guys went through as people like Steven Wolf drove a once great airline into the ground probably contributed to the irrational east behavior.

Its just lost on me how people can think a 17 year never furloughed pilot should be put behind a rookie new hire. Whats wrong with you people??? Wait until it happens to you and you're beloved ALPA screws you! You just wait! Then you will be happy to get an independent union.

Considering that in all likeliness those 17 year never furloughed pilots would have been jobless had it not been for America West, your outcome doesn't seem so bad even with the Nic. And yes I've been screwed by ALPA in a binding arbitration seniority integration, it truly sucks and it ain't pretty. But I eventually accepted it and moved on.

St. Nic, you appear to be outgunned in this thread, maybe eaglseview can come in and provide back up. On topic though, I don't see why in the world Delta would need to be considering different representation, it looks to me like you've got the world by the balls. I'm sure you have some minor squawks and what not, but you've got everything going for you. A power house carrier, and you own Alpo. You might as well just call it Dalpo, in your honor.

It amazes me again how ignorant some people are. America West did not save USAirways, Lakefield (AAA) got the financing! Lakefiled (AAA) put the deal togehter. AWA was a bankrupt 3rd tier airline in the dessert. Bunch of drug runners and DUI CEO running the airline. Forgive me for fighting for my seniority but DOH is the only thing we have in this industry!!! I would love to see the Southwest guys merge with Jetblue and give them relative seniority. Oh I know, thats right- they merged and put the Airtran captains BEHIND Southwest copilots. So much for your relative seniority bs you guys are spewing my way. That's unfair!!!
Look, the reason DPA is getting traction is exactly the same reason USAPA was formed- the US pilots were tired of the ALPA bs that was only emphasized with the Nic award. That was our last straw. Whats it going to be for Delta? ALPA is toast!

Pure westie propaganda! The teamsters are looking at forming an alliance with USAPA. And the Nic is not the seniority list, just a proposal- the 9th circuit said so. This is about independant unions and DPA is just another chink in the ALPA armor.

All B.S. you really should try and pull your head out of Cleary's ass. IBT won't touch you with a 10 mile pole. You're a pariah. All scabs are.

Last edited:
I dont know why I am even going to post on this but if you are doing the same flying after the merger you were before that is what matters not some random date of hire that has no meaning across different airlines. The fact that US air has a few wide bodies means nothing because your 17 years of time there would never make you senior enough to fly it. The harm done to the West pilots with date of hire would be obvious putting them below the bottom of the list US air guys.

It amazes me again how ignorant some people are. America West did not save USAirways, Lakefield (AAA) got the financing! Lakefiled (AAA) put the deal togehter. AWA was a bankrupt 3rd tier airline in the dessert. Bunch of drug runners and DUI CEO running the airline. .....QUOTE]

How come Lakefield couldn't get you the money without having to tie up with an outfit that is supposedly all those things? It would have been so much easier for you.

You're not fighting for your seniority, that was what you did up until we gave it to Nicolau to go get it done because we couldn't. Ever since, you've been using your larger numbers and any and all kinds of thuggery to get what you think you deserve. What you have to do is immaterial. A RICO suit for Christ's sake? People named in that who never lifted a finger against anyone. Good grief.

I understand DPA is using Seham. I doubt Delta pilots will be stupid enough to do this to themselves.

Last edited:
It amazes me again how ignorant some people are. America West did not save USAirways, Lakefield (AAA) got the financing! Lakefiled (AAA) put the deal togehter. AWA was a bankrupt 3rd tier airline in the dessert. Bunch of drug runners and DUI CEO running the airline. Forgive me for fighting for my seniority but DOH is the only thing we have in this industry!!! I would love to see the Southwest guys merge with Jetblue and give them relative seniority. Oh I know, thats right- they merged and put the Airtran captains BEHIND Southwest copilots. So much for your relative seniority bs you guys are spewing my way. That's unfair!!!
Look, the reason DPA is getting traction is exactly the same reason USAPA was formed- the US pilots were tired of the ALPA bs that was only emphasized with the Nic award. That was our last straw. Whats it going to be for Delta? ALPA is toast!

Yes, but we honored the binding SLI arbitration from the arbitrators for the merger with NWA, and so did they. YOU DID NOT. Really, you shouldn't have signed up for it if you didn't want to accept the outcome. When you gamble in Vegas, do you take your money back if you don't win at poker? You probably do. Arbitration is a gamble, and you lost.

The DPA may get traction if our upcoming contract TA is weak, but right now we are in watch mode. The last straw will occur if they don't come up with something acceptable.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Can't believe I'm agreeing with the General. USair was teetering on the edge, basically for the third time.

Latest resources

Back