Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
A long line of great Greek philosophers:

Plato, Aristotle, Atsalis.

The misinformation never stops with you general. I think TP said he is leaving for a promotion at an undisclosed carrier and he would recommend EK to any american looking for rapid career advancement. DXB-HND is not a bust. It's quite full. It's a fun trip as well. There is a huge amount of traffic between Sao Paulo and Japan.

Wonder why that 26 year captain seems so worried? If I was him I would be more worried about getting a good deal on some veneers but he seems pretty concerned with EK. Obviously he hasn't flown with you or he would know that EK doesn't pose any sort of competitive threat.

Wonder how the Jetblue pilots feel about DAL pilot attacking their model.

jB feeds EK & EK feeds JB...good for JB jobs

fv

Don't forget about the ALPA boys at Alaska. What about their deal with EK? Last time I checked, Emirates feeds over 140,000 seats to their 737's a year.

So the DXB flight from HND is a bust? Doubt you will get an extra one, and I doubt the Japanese Govt would approve, since JAL doesn't even fly nonstop to LAX yet from HND.....

You sound bitter. That "ragged" 767 crew actually gets to go "home" while you go back to the Sandpit in your 777. No wonder. Even TP said he'd prefer starting over at DL than continue to stay at your airline. That should say something right there.

Bye Bye---General Lee

You have been proven wrong multiple times in the past.

O credibility.

As a Delta pilot(NWA) I find GL obnoxious and embarrassing. With that off my chest, I have a few questions for the EK pilots. Just curious how many US pilots are there, what your backgrounds were and why you went. I only know of about 3-4 who have gone. One being a 50 ish wide body capt that took early retirement and went to double dip during our ch11. The other a fairly junior S/O that thought he maybe getting furloughed and finally a couple of friends of friends from regionals that were unable to get hired at any US major for various reasons and had major chips on their shoulders about that. Reading these threads it seems a lot of the pilots that post on here come from the disgruntled regional pilot( that never got hired here) and had no other choice but to take a chance in the Middle East and are just tickled to death of the US airline industry cratering because it would give them some perceived revenge. Bwtfdik, I might just be as delusional as GL:)

What Cobraair said. Sour grapes. Rooting for the demise of what they could never attain -- a decent job stateside.

There are more than 200 americans at EK. All types and backgrounds. Ex regional guys and I've met or flown with pilots from UAL, NWA, DAL, AWA, USAirways, Alaska, and AA. Plus quite a few charter/cargo outfits. It's really hard to generalize the group of 200.

I don't think anyone at EK is wishing ill will on the US industry. If you look at posts from EK pilots you will see them responding to the provocative and factually incorrect posts from General Lee. It's hard not to respond to constant doochebag comments.

That said it's a tough call for furloughed guys whether or not to go back. If you are making 150k in the right seat tax free or 200+ in the left mostly tax free it is a big lifestyle adjustment to go home and be poor on reserve. Not to mention all the other little perks. For an ex regional pilot who upgraded it's an even tougher decision to go back and start at the very bottom of 10,000 knowing that you won't see that kind of money or route structure for another 15-20 years.

But I've never flown with any American at EK that is wishing ill will on the US Industry. It's ridiculous to even suggest that. I think we all wish things were going much better so the decision to go home wouldn't be a hard one. No pilot moved to EK because they always wanted to live in Dubai. It's a pros and cons thing.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back