• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Delta Pilot on Youtube

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
So DAL and UCAL will stop selling tickets out of Japan then right? Fair skies is fair skies, right? How about FedEx and UPS? They are also not operating any US registered A/C's from bases in China and the EU....! Or fair is only fair as long as only one side gets to do it?
Don't get me wrong, I'm all about a healthy US airline industry. But I think that all this bitching about EK doing what they have been doing for decades now, is a bit hypocrite

Last edited:
If Delta was smart they would join forces with EK on a similar deal like Qantas.

Instead they whine about it like a bunch of little girls.

There is no way Delta can compete on the JFK-MXP sector. I also noticed on expedia.com, The tickets on EK are about $100 cheaper already than Delta.

So DAL and UCAL will stop selling tickets out of Japan then right? Fair skies is fair skies, right? How about FedEx and UPS? They are also not operating any US registered A/C's from bases in China and the EU....! Or fair is only fair as long as only one side gets to do it?
Don't get me wrong, I'm all about a healthy US airline industry. But I think that all this bitching about EK doing what they have been doing for decades now, is a bit hypocrite

Remember that NWA was asked by the Japanese Govt to help start up flying out of Haneda after WWII. Then in 1976, they were asked by the Japanese Govt to move to Narita. Can they (now DL) have their Haneda slots and gates back? Huh? Their Govt seems to be aiding ANA and JAL, after NWA helped them many years ago, and moved to Narita too. (Along with LCCs getting slots at NRT, decreasing value of the slots as ANA and JAL get more at HND. The LCCs include Air Asia Japan, Jetstar Japan, and Skymark). Sounds like Govts can do whatever they want, even if it ain't fair. I guess you didn't learn that upon starting work in Japan....

Here is a snippet from Wikipedia just for you:

"In spring of 1947 Northwest began stationing employees at Haneda Airport in Tokyo, flying them from the United States via Alaska on its Great Circle route. On July 15, 1947 Northwest became the first airline to begin direct service between the United States and Japan,[10] using a Douglas DC-4 airliner."

"For years Northwest was the largest foreign airline serving Japan. In 1951 Northwest became involved with the founding of Japan Air Lines (JAL) by leasing airliners and crewmembers to the new airline. In 1952 United States and Japan ratified a regional bilateral aviation treaty, under which Northwest and Pan American World Airways became the two U.S. airlines allowed to fly to Tokyo. These carriers also received fifth freedom rights to carry passengers from and via Tokyo to other Asian destinations such as Seoul, Busan, Taipei, Manila, Hong Kong, Bangkok and Singapore. Northwest also flew passenger routes that connected Japan with Guam and Saipan, U.S. possessions in Micronesia."

Bye Bye---General Lee

Last edited:
If Delta was smart they would join forces with EK on a similar deal like Qantas.

Instead they whine about it like a bunch of little girls.

There is no way Delta can compete on the JFK-MXP sector. I also noticed on expedia.com, The tickets on EK are about $100 cheaper already than Delta.

Nah, DL doesn't need a ME hub. DL is primarily affected by EK with connections to India and Pakistan via the JV with AF and KL. The new MXP to JFK flight may take some passengers, but passengers who want to connect to other cities beyond JFK will do so on DL. (Trying to connect from EK to JB in JFK sounds like it could be a big hassle) The reason your prices are cheaper is because desperation has probably set in, and most US passengers want to fly on a recognizable US airline. Hey, when does your Birmingham to BOS flight start? I'm guessing it will end 2 months later. Good luck with that.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Last edited:
So shut down the Guangzhou & EU bases of FDX & UPS or let EK operate these flights. Stop Delta operating Tokyo - Asia flights.

It's exactly the same...that's why no one takes it too seriously, if you shout and scream about fairness then engage in the same activity --- you have no credibility.

fv

If anything, ALPA is the best advertiser of Emirates. So thank you 26 year Delta Captain, for recognizing that Emirates is a far better product.

I'm just wondering when EK will start to use the HND-LAX slot that it has. Last time I was in HND we parked next to a old ragged out 767 with brand new winglets. It looked like one of those hoopty cars where the rims are worth more than the vehicle itself.

Wonder how the Jetblue pilots feel about DAL pilot attacking their model.

jB feeds EK & EK feeds JB...good for JB jobs

fv

I'm just wondering when EK will start to use the HND-LAX slot that it has. Last time I was in HND we parked next to a old ragged out 767 with brand new winglets. It looked like one of those hoopty cars where the rims are worth more than the vehicle itself.

So the DXB flight from HND is a bust? Doubt you will get an extra one, and I doubt the Japanese Govt would approve, since JAL doesn't even fly nonstop to LAX yet from HND.....

You sound bitter. That "ragged" 767 crew actually gets to go "home" while you go back to the Sandpit in your 777. No wonder. Even TP said he'd prefer starting over at DL than continue to stay at your airline. That should say something right there.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Latest resources

Back