• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Delta PERP out

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I don't think we'll see more than 30-50 take it. 100 at the absolute max. These things tend to draw about %10 of the number people think...

I would be shocked if 100 took this offer. I had high hopes they were serious about getting some guys to retire, but this is a joke. The only people who take it are going to be people who were planning on retiring in the next year anyway.

I agree, wonder if this is just a first round offer.....

ACL,

I see your point. However, I would be worried that the company would come back and say, "We tried to mitigate furloughs, but we didn't get the participation we needed in the form of the PRIP plan, so WARN letters will be going out next month."

Hopefully they would go to Round 2 if they didn't get the numbers they wanted. I think that the whole Compass backflow dilema is extremely cost negative for Delta and there would be more incentive for the company to get the highly senior out first.

Here's a question and maybe we will have to cross this bridge when the final numbers come out. At what point does the union have to start giving things up in the form of quid pro quo to mitigate furloughs? (LM stated in his Chairman's letter than no quid pro quo exists with the LOA in its current form) Does this happen when/if we don't get the numbers we need on the first round, or do we wait and see how badly the company needs to retire guys from the top?

To the best of my knowledge this is not about furloughs. We are not set up to furlough. We would need another huge displacement bid before that even became a reality. This is about saving training costs, and that is why the PERP is weak. Now if they really do not want to train these guys they would come back with round two.

Our long term staffing shows us even to short with current staffing numbers in 2010. I cannot tell you how many people have stated, till they are blue in the face I might add, that this is not about preventing mass furloughs.

IMHO furloughs will be unavoidable if the recession continues. We should have furloughed in late 2008 but we were putting on a brave face for the SEC. Waiting until past DCC really saved a lot of people's jobs. There just is not enough time to break even on furloughs. That is why they are offering a weak PERP to save a few million in training costs, knowing that they cannot save it with a 6-18 month furlough.

ALL IMHO of course.

Every 55+ DAL-N guy I have spoken to has said that lack of any relief on the retiree medical cost would be a deal killer for them. I see very few taking this.

When I saw the title to this thread, I thought a Delta pilot had escaped from jail.

Last edited:
I knew it! Got all kinds of different shaded GL's running around eh? ;)

Yeap-
Red GL's floating after eating beats, yellow spotted GLs after corn, most the rest are different shades and consistencies of brown GLs.;)

Schwanker

Last edited:
This is all about training costs. they know the training waves are coming as flying gets shifted and would rather rid themselves of the senior guys and train upwardly as opposed to downward hence why they included the part about keeping them until May 2010 if needed. We'll see, i know more than a few guys i've flown with that planned on leaving in the next year or so that will likely take it.

Latest resources

Back