• Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Hourly Pay Rates
Effective Cumulative
January 1, 2013 12.8%* 12.8%
January 1, 2014 3.0% 16.2%
January 1, 2015 3.0% 19.7%
*Includes 4% increase effective on 7/1/12

The sad thing is, the word "insulting" is being thrown around A LOT on the Delta forums regarding this contract. Do you know what percentage of the piloting profession, of any American profession, of any world profession, would kill or die for a 20% raise in such a short time frame? Cry me a river.

I know they're comparing these increases to their previous pay "cuts", but those were cut from an absurdly bloated contract negotiated during the dot-com bubble--they were not real, sustainable pay rates. Time will tell if Delta can maintain profitability, and whether even these new rates are sustainable. Unfortunately history says, not for long.

The sad thing is, the word "insulting" is being thrown around A LOT on the Delta forums regarding this contract. Do you know what percentage of the piloting profession, of any American profession, of any world profession, would kill or die for a 20% raise in such a short time frame? Cry me a river.

I know they're comparing these increases to their previous pay "cuts", but those were cut from an absurdly bloated contract negotiated during the dot-com bubble--they were not real, sustainable pay rates. Time will tell if Delta can maintain profitability, and whether even these new rates are sustainable. Unfortunately history says, not for long.

People like you are the reason pay rates aren't better industry wide. Good job.

People like you are the reason pay rates aren't better industry wide. Good job.

I think you misunderstand me. I'm all for trying to negotiate the best compensation the company can afford. Good for you. I just think that using the word "insulting" regarding this contract is an insult to the rest of the world, and makes you look like spoiled brats with an overdeveloped sense of entitlement. A little more modesty, please.

You are going way overboard. Analysts are saying Delta could be making $2-3 billion per year in profits over the next few years. Last year there was a $1.5 billion profit, plus Delta paid down $2 billion in debt. In fact, Delta will have paid down $8 billion in debt next year, since starting in 2008. But, a 20% wage increase in a 3 year deal is a good deal. The last contract was 4 years and had a 17% wage increase. This one also has improved work rules, better defined scope (INTL and Code Share), along with a ratio for mainline and DCI flying. Not bad at all. If the TA passes, the 12 year 717 Captains will be making $195 an hour within 2 years, and that will be the smallest plane at mainline. That is about $10 more an hour than 767 Captains make now.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Last edited:
You are going way overboard. Analysts are saying Delta could be making $2-3 billion per year in profits over the next few years. Last year there was a $1.5 billion profit, plus Delta paid down $2 billion in debt. In fact, Delta will have paid down $8 billion in debt next year, since starting in 2008. But, a 20% wage increase in a 3 year deal is a good deal. The last contract was 4 years and had a 17% wage increase. This one also has improved work rules, better defined scope (INTL and Code Share), along with a ratio for mainline and DCI flying. Not bad at all. If the TA passes, the 12 year 717 Captains will be making $195 an hour within 2 years, and that will be the smallest plane at mainline. That is about $10 more an hour than 767 Captains make now.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Do I take it your a yes voter than General? There isn't anything in this TA that worries you?

I think you misunderstand me. I'm all for trying to negotiate the best compensation the company can afford. Good for you. I just think that using the word "insulting" regarding this contract is an insult to the rest of the world, and makes you look like spoiled brats with an overdeveloped sense of entitlement. A little more modesty, please.

The rest of the world ain't jet pilots!

The T/A will pass by 90%!

The other 10% will be required to report for another psychological evaluation to determine if they are mentally fit for continued employment!

Latest resources

Back