Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Amish RakeFight

Registered Loser
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/2009/03/31/2009-03-31_antsy_flier_arrested_at_jfk_after_trying.html

Antsy flier arrested at JFK after trying to yank open emergency exit door on plane

BY Nicole Bode
DAILY NEWS STAFF WRITER
Tuesday, March 31st 2009, 4:00 AM
Related News

Articles
A stir-crazy Scottish passenger trapped on a JFK Airport tarmac for 2-1/2 hours tried to make a break for it by yanking open the emergency exit door, prosecutors said.

Robert McDonald, 60, of Glasgow, apparently had enough of the wait inside Delta's Flight 149 to Las Vegas on Sunday night when he went for the escape hatch, prosecutors said. He had just completed the transatlantic leg of his journey and had to change planes at JFK, prosecutors said.

The flight crew grabbed him before he could swing the door fully open and deploy the inflatable chute, Queens District Attorney Richard Brown said.

McDonald's flight left the gate a little after 5p.m., but was stuck on the taxiway until 7:45 p.m. because of bad weather, prosecutors said.

He was arrested by Port Authority police officers and was expected to be arraigned at Queens Criminal Court last night on charges of reckless endangerment and criminal tampering. He faces up to a year behind bars if convicted.

Awesome!

That inspired mgmt. (borrowed from NWA) strikes again! It is so great to know the new NWA is leaving everyone happy with their travel experience!

-I can't wait for the next witty remark from the Gen. (especially considering the passenger's name.)

-Come on Gen, illuminate us as to your current level of retardation!!

Awesome!

That inspired mgmt. (borrowed from NWA) strikes again! It is so great to know the new NWA is leaving everyone happy with their travel experience!

-I can't wait for the next witty remark from the Gen. (especially considering the passenger's name.)

So, you let your Dad non-rev? I hope you lose your privileges.....

Bye Bye--General Lee

Delta also had a nice shout out on The Simpsons for their St Patricks day show. I think its on Hulu.com

Awesome!

It's funny..... You could start a thread about anything at all and crj turns it into his "I'm still mad at Delta for not hiring me" rant.

Give it a break....

Met one of the FA on that flight, and he said there was some cage-fighting went on to subdue that guy. Wonder what the write-up was gonna be if the chute deployed...

Latest resources

Back