• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Delta Parking 767's rumor

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Watching these Delta guys is like watching Eastern, Pan Am, or TWA as it was collapsing. Looks like the AA and UAL guys kinda can see Rome burning. Delta guys are just content to play their fiddles.

Any orders right now?

Bye Bye---General Lee

Wow, gen. You're really not that smart are you. Yea, they will 'announce' them when they are ready and things are lined up (not one day prior to that). You do understand how aircraft orders work don't you? You are aware you can have orders without announcing anything right?

Everytime you post, you make yourself look like you have no idea how things happen in the real aviation world.

Answer these questions for General, if you have the stomach..

Who's furloughed pilots before, SW or DL?

Who's filed for bankruptcy before, SW or DL?

Who has the more employee friendly management team, SW or DL?

Who has outsourced thousands of mainline jobs(and salaries), SW or DL?

Who's posted 40 years of continuous profits, SW or DL?

Which pilot group gets paid more, SW or DL?

Which pilot group has the flexiblity to make more if desired?

Who has more potential for worldwide growth (not codeshare)?

Who has a contract with ZERO 'connection' feed?

Who has a tight, definable limit on codeshare, SW or DL?

Who's gonna bring on more 76 seat RJ's in the future, SW or DL?

Who's cutting back and overstaffed, SW or DL?

Who's interviewing and hiring, SW or DL?

I know anything can happen in the future, just as it can to Delta. But the thing is, history alot of times repeats itself when the legacies don't change their prior practices. You can understand that can't you Gen?

And it's not cockiness Gen, it's simply the facts. I have ZERO worry about the SLI or any furlough at SW. Live with it dude.

Have a FANASTIC night.

RF

"Which pilot group gets paid more, SW or DL?"

If the answer to this after 2012 is still SWA I think that will be the begining of the end of ALPA.

"Which pilot group gets paid more, SW or DL?"

If the answer to this after 2012 is still SWA I think that will be the begining of the end of ALPA.

You may be right. I know that ALPA is worried, and has asked a lot of Delta pilots via phone polls about the start of an inhouse union---the DPA. A lot of people are interested in that now.

And back when I was at my first airline, Delta piggybacked off of us and got a huge contract, that pays a lot more than SWA does today. Was that the reason Delta went BK? Ask General Lee, I doubt he would agree with that. Are pilot costs the sole reason an airline goes bankrupt? If that is the case, SWA should have been BK a few years ago.

OYS

Last edited:
Wow, gen. You're really not that smart are you. Yea, they will 'announce' them when they are ready and things are lined up (not one day prior to that). You do understand how aircraft orders work don't you? You are aware you can have orders without announcing anything right?

Everytime you post, you make yourself look like you have no idea how things happen in the real aviation world.

Answer these questions for General, if you have the stomach..

Who's furloughed pilots before, SW or DL?

Who's filed for bankruptcy before, SW or DL?

Who has the more employee friendly management team, SW or DL?

Who has outsourced thousands of mainline jobs(and salaries), SW or DL?

Who's posted 40 years of continuous profits, SW or DL?

Which pilot group gets paid more, SW or DL?

Which pilot group has the flexiblity to make more if desired?

Who has more potential for worldwide growth (not codeshare)?

Who has a contract with ZERO 'connection' feed?

Who has a tight, definable limit on codeshare, SW or DL?

Who's gonna bring on more 76 seat RJ's in the future, SW or DL?

Who's cutting back and overstaffed, SW or DL?

Who's interviewing and hiring, SW or DL?

I know anything can happen in the future, just as it can to Delta. But the thing is, history alot of times repeats itself when the legacies don't change their prior practices. You can understand that can't you Gen?

And it's not cockiness Gen, it's simply the facts. I have ZERO worry about the SLI or any furlough at SW. Live with it dude.

Have a FANASTIC night.

RF

Yes, that was interesting. Nothing will ever happen to you. Delta just hired (I was among them) and it's been awhile since Southwest has had a class, right? I think the 76 seat RJ limit is almost capped. You may be right about 6 or 7 new ones. But we are also bringing on 60 MD90s. You guys are adding 85 717s and more 737s, with the crews. You also have fewer scheduled retirements. Volaris connects with your airline, and feeds it, right? Can you have worldwide growth when you don't have slots or gates anywhere else in the World? Who is overstaffed? Pilot wise, none of us. I'll let Lee answer some more of those questions, but I thought I should take a crack at it, since some have obvious answers.

OYS

Yes, that was interesting. Nothing will ever happen to you. Delta just hired (I was among them) and it's been awhile since Southwest has had a class, right? I think the 76 seat RJ limit is almost capped. You may be right about 6 or 7 new ones. But we are also bringing on 60 MD90s. You guys are adding 85 717s and more 737s, with the crews. You also have fewer scheduled retirements. Volaris connects with your airline, and feeds it, right? Can you have worldwide growth when you don't have slots or gates anywhere else in the World? Who is overstaffed? Pilot wise, none of us. I'll let Lee answer some more of those questions, but I thought I should take a crack at it, since some have obvious answers.

OYS

Six,

It's just not worth it. Red has his deal, and you and I have ours. But, we can hope that the Airtran guys do get a fair shake at their seniority list.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back