• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Delta Parking 767's rumor

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Only a retard such as yourself could possible try to make the number of RJ jets flying Delta pax a good thing. The number of RJs should be ZERO. Any more than zero and really you should trade your double breasted blazer in for skirts. Or, you could be a man and take a stand. But, I guess that's why you guys have 800.

General, answer me this....honestly. Has the amount a guy pays for a type, let's call it $6k, is that more or less than you've taken in PAY CUTS at Delta? Paying for the type seems like a non issue to most people. I guess it's kinda like talking scope with a Delta guy. A SWA guys takes paying for the type in stride...much like you guys take giving up pay and scope.

Exactly!

You can talk facts with the Gen, but he goes into full spin mode. What are you talking about 9/11 for? Incredible.

RF

You just admitted it, less fleet types means less cost. That is one thing that helps your airline. Now add 717s, and then something else that can supposedly go across an ocean, and your costs will go up. That isn't great for your own future profitability.

Bye Bye---General Lee

General,

Do you even work in this industry? You do understand that the 717's will go away with the leases right? There will eventually (after the 717 leases expire), only be two fleet types at SW, instead of a ridiculous number of NINE at DL.

We'll have the 737 and a widebody to be named later, if you think otherwise then your not following along very well. Keep up brother!

RF

Exactly!

You can talk facts with the Gen, but he goes into full spin mode. What are you talking about 9/11 for? Incredible.

RF

You say you WILL make MILLIONS of dollars at Southwest. What happens if another 9-11 happens? Did you predict that 9-11 would happen in the first place? Can you predict what will happen in the future? You predict you WILL make millions of dollars, until something like tuna can top SWA 733s start falling from the skies...... YOU CAN'T PREDICT WHAT WILL HAPPEN IN THE FUTURE, SO DON'T COUNT ON MAKING MILLIONS. That's the point that you cannot seem to understand. It's called cockiness, and being at the bottom of the combined SWA/AT list. Enjoy it.

Bye Bye---General Lee

General,

Do you even work in this industry? You do understand that the 717's will go away with the leases right? There will eventually (after the 717 leases expire), only be two fleet types at SW, instead of a ridiculous number of NINE at DL.

We'll have the 737 and a widebody to be named later, if you think otherwise then your not following along very well. Keep up brother!

RF

Really? They will go away? Then you will be furloughed. Sure, you will be at the bottom of the list, and if SWA can't get used 737s or Boeing has a hick up again (like 787), then you are screwed. Oh well. And I can't wait to see your Southwest widebody. Any orders right now? Then it is at least 20 years away. Enjoy MAF until then. Hopefully your number 1 guy when you eventually get the "widebodies", named Ty Webb, will let you throw gear for him.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Only a retard such as yourself could possible try to make the number of RJ jets flying Delta pax a good thing. The number of RJs should be ZERO. Any more than zero and really you should trade your double breasted blazer in for skirts. Or, you could be a man and take a stand. But, I guess that's why you guys have 800.

General, answer me this....honestly. Has the amount a guy pays for a type, let's call it $6k, is that more or less than you've taken in PAY CUTS at Delta? Paying for the type seems like a non issue to most people. I guess it's kinda like talking scope with a Delta guy. A SWA guys takes paying for the type in stride...much like you guys take giving up pay and scope.

I usually don't respond to Tanky, since he really doesn't know what he is talking about, even though sometimes he is mildly funny. Good ole Redflyer said DL had 1000 RJs, then he said 800. I pointed out it was less than that, and getting smaller. 100 more will leave the fleet this year alone with some Saab props. So, that is GOOD. (RJs leaving----I have to say that so Tanky and Red understand that is what I mean, rather than RJs are GOOD)

The $6K or whatever is less, but we are not taking paycuts still. Our joint contract, which was done during $130 a barrel oil back after the merger, gives us a 17% raise over 5 years. That is expiring next year. Not a great raise, but a better raise than USAir, United, CAL, AA, etc. Not Southwest pay YET, but thanks to the Airtran guys getting that pay, it will be easier to negotiate for it. Delta has always used the Airtran pay as an excuse not to go too high. Thank you Ty Webb and Lear 70.

Alright Tanky, anything else? Pre-paying for a type is NOT good for the industry, especially since Southwest can afford it. And it looks like Southwest will be paying for any Airtran guy currently in the 717 to move over to the 737, when Red gets bumped. How ironic. Do you think that is a bad move? Poor Southwest will have to pay themselves for Airtran 717 guys to move the 737. PROFITS WILL PLUMMET!!!! And are you still working a desk job in Korea? Sure you are. Enjoy the kimchee. Southwest will be a great fit for you eventually, and it will be great to see you junior to every Airtran guy, and barely behind Redflyer.

Bye Bye--General Lee

I usually don't respond to Tanky, since he really doesn't know what he is talking about, even though sometimes he is mildly funny. Good ole Redflyer said DL had 1000 RJs, then he said 800. I pointed out it was less than that, and getting smaller. 100 more will leave the fleet this year alone with some Saab props. So, that is GOOD. (RJs leaving----I have to say that so Tanky and Red understand that is what I mean, rather than RJs are GOOD)

The $6K or whatever is less, but we are not taking paycuts still. Our joint contract, which was done during $130 a barrel oil back after the merger, gives us a 17% raise over 5 years. That is expiring next year. Not a great raise, but a better raise than USAir, United, CAL, AA, etc. Not Southwest pay YET, but thanks to the Airtran guys getting that pay, it will be easier to negotiate for it. Delta has always used the Airtran pay as an excuse not to go too high. Thank you Ty Webb and Lear 70.

Alright Tanky, anything else? Pre-paying for a type is NOT good for the
industry, especially since Southwest can afford it. And it looks like Southwest will be paying for any Airtran guy currently in the 717 to move over to the 737, when Red gets bumped. How ironic. Do you think that is a bad move?
Poor Southwest will have to pay themselves for Airtran 717 guys to move the 737. PROFITS WILL PLUMMET!!!! And are you still working a desk job in Korea?
Sure you are. Enjoy the kimchee. Southwest will be a great fit for you
eventually, and it will be great to see you junior to every Airtran guy, and barely behind Redflyer.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Hillarious. I can't wait to watch that SLI unfold. There will be so many
disappointed people out there.

OYS

Last edited:
OYS & GL....spin all you want. Delta is a second tier airline for pilots. You guys are the AA of airlines. Not even AAA. You are a has been. A guy who had a couple good years in the pros and are no just fighting to try to get back in the show. Sorry guys. You know it already. You just don't admit it publicly. You were once proud to say you were a Delta pilot but now not so much. Sorry guys. I really do feel sorry for you. I know it doesn't help that a bunch of guys who paid for their type ratings have pity for you, but they're hoping some day you'll be OK. Good luck guys. Hopefully it's not to late for you guys to make one last run at the majors. (granted, you'll probably have to move airlines)

OYS & GL....spin all you want. Delta is a second tier airline for pilots.
No doubt, and you still couldn't get hired. What's that make you? A third tier pilot?:laugh:

You guys are the AA of airlines. Not even AAA. You are a has been. A guy who had a couple good years in the pros and are no just fighting to try to get back in the show. Sorry guys. You know it already. You just don't admit it publicly.
I admit it, I'm just glad you didn't get hired. You'll just have to keep serving coffee and faxing air force paperwork.

You were once proud to say you were a Delta pilot but now not so much. Sorry guys. I really do feel sorry for you. I know it doesn't help that a bunch of guys who paid for their type ratings have pity for you, but they're hoping some day you'll be OK.

Well, since you put it that way, now it makes it all better!

Good luck guys. Hopefully it's not to late for you guys to make one last run at the majors. (granted, you'll probably have to move airlines)

Maybe I'll apply at Song!

What a sad day it really is. A low cost airline is the industry leader in pay. Cargo airline pilots make more money than passenger airline pilots. Does that make sense? Sucks. ALPA?

What a sad day it really is. A low cost airline is the industry leader in pay. Cargo airline pilots make more money than passenger airline pilots. Does that make sense? Sucks. ALPA?

Will it always be that way? Let's see how ALPA does on this next one next year, and it will start with the opener. If it is too low, then you'll have your answer. The legacies did get hammered in bankruptcy, and pilot groups are digging their way back up. At the same time LCCs are getting more expensive, and that will create problems too. Big cargo can put fuel surcharges into the shipping rates easier than passenger airlines too.

OYS

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back