• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Delta Parking 767's rumor

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
not in this economy? Dl should get a year over year profit this year, and had a monster year last year. We don't even start negotiations until the end of 2012. The economy is getting better, oil is coming down from all time highs, the stock market has rebounded. Are you getting your business news from the food network? And if southwest can pay the airtran guys your wages, then our airline can do the same. That is what is great about your deal, it helps us. Thanks for that. And with my seniority at about 50% of the list, i really don't think i would be furloughed. It would have to be a lot worse, and i mean a lot.

Now i do have a question for you. If you get bumped or displaced during the first joint bid after your arbitrated sli, and all you can hold at your new seniority is the 717 in the right seat, will you have to buy your type rating to fly it? You bought your first one, and maybe you are used to that.
That could help southwest out, especially since they will have to fork over a bunch of new money to pay ty and lear 70. They could really use your $10k for that 717 type, or sic type for you. Just volunteer that money, i bet that would help keep that "culture" of yours intact. Enjoy the sli, it will be interesting, no doubt. I think you may be the one needing a few glasses of bourbon.

Bye bye---general lee

+1

oys

I'm sure the General thinks they will get a new contract soon with a 25% bump in pay. Reality check, not in this economy Gen, you're closer to furlough than any pay increase. Talk about a fantasy land! Pass me a sundae, I mean bourbon.

RF

I'm sure that redflyer doesn't think he paid for his job. If you think that paying for your training is the same as interviewing, you're crazy. You're the reason that most airlines have been brought down to crappy schedules and wages. You were willing to take sup standard wages and undercut the profession, by paying for your job!
Someone needs to pass you some more brown koolaid, sparky!

I'm sure that redflyer doesn't think he paid for his job. If you think that paying for your training is the same as interviewing, you're crazy. You're the reason that most airlines have been brought down to crappy schedules and wages. You were willing to take sup standard wages and undercut the profession, by paying for your job!
Someone needs to pass you some more brown koolaid, sparky!

What will RED do when he is bumped off the 737 on the first joint SWA/AT bid and onto the 717 in the right seat? Will he voluntarily pay for his own 717 type? He's used to paying for it already, maybe he will just fork over the money for free, to keep that "culture" thing going? Will there be an eventual 717 base in ELP? I bet Red could be in the top 70% as an FO there if he proactively bids it. He'll probably rent an apartment in nearby Juarez, and ride a bike to work across the border each day. That would be great to see. He'll be the richest guy in Juarez, except for the cartel members. Solid!

Bye Bye---General Lee

What will RED do when he is bumped off the 737 on the first joint SWA/AT bid and onto the 717 in the right seat? Will he voluntarily pay for his own 717 type? He's used to paying for it already, maybe he will just fork over the money for free, to keep that "culture" thing going? Will there be an eventual 717 base in ELP? I bet Red could be in the top 70% as an FO there if he proactively bids it. He'll probably rent an apartment in nearby Juarez, and ride a bike to work across the border each day. That would be great to see. He'll be the richest guy in Juarez, except for the cartel members. Solid!

Bye Bye---General Lee

Hey Oracle of FlightInfo,

Did it seem like you were "paying for your job" when you were taking pay cuts? You can't honestly tell me that if you had to do it all over again that you wouldn't pay the 6 grand and go with SWA. You probably would have been a CA by now. Shoot. Even if you were an FO you'd still be making more than a Delta CA. Your spin is total BS to save face. You screwed up and went with Delta. At the time, it was probably the smart move on the surface. Now, even through your spin, all we have to do is look at earnings reports and W-2s to realize that Delta is a second choice to SWA (even with paying for your job). I guess that's why guys leave Delta for SWA.

Now, start the spin up again....

You will never convince anyone that Delta is a better career choice than SWA. You probably already know that. What you really need to do is convince yourself. Because it must suck going to bed at night knowing you went with a bad airline.

Bye Bye---General Lee

You guys really live in a fantasy land. Now for some actual facts, not just Genitial spin...

1- I have absolutely NO concerns about the SLI. SW was a great place to work before the AAI purchase and will be afterwards.

2- I see very little crossover between the 737 and 717 (read fences). There really won't be any Delta 'Flush' bid system that cost your company millions of dollars in training cost. You see, that's just another legacy problem when you have NINE fleet types.

3- I got hired without the type. So all I needed was 5k to complete the process for a multi-MILLION dollar career. In the end, after my tax deduction it was 2k out of my pocket. In just a short time, I now make 11k+ a month and that number will continue to rise quickly year over year over year (unlike the 2 an hour DL payraises). Maybe I should have turned them down! HAHA. I say its the best money I ever spent. Talk about return on investment.

4- I can guarantee you General that your Delta Connection feed is over 800 airframes. I did the actual research 6 months ago and the number was real close to 1000 at that time. There's no way Dick Anderson parked 200 airframes when DL continues to farm it out to other carriers. As a matter of fact you have more Connection airframes than we have airframes!!

5- Delta was the company that opened the flood gates on this RJ debacle, and there's no arguing that fact. A loss of thousands of mainline jobs, millions of dollars in future Delta wages and even millions of dollars in DALPA union dues. Kind of like leaving ATL and having 20 DL Connection planes waiting for takeoff and only 2 mainline. Just sad.

What a huge dichotomy of how to run two companies. Completely on opposite ends of the spectrum. I think the futures are diverging as well. Legacy thinking will lead to legacy results...

RF

Last edited:
You guys really live in a fantasy land. Now for some actual facts, not just Genitial spin...

1- I have absolutely NO concerns about the SLI. SW was a great place to work before the AAI purchase and will be afterwards.

2- I see very little crossover between the 737 and 717 (read fences). There really won't be any Delta 'Flush' bid system that cost your company millions of dollars in training cost. You see, that's just another legacy problem when you have NINE fleet types.

3- I got hired without the type. So all I needed was 5k to complete the process for a multi-MILLION dollar career. In the end, after my tax deduction it was 2k out of my pocket. In just a short time, I now make 11k+ a month and that number will continue to rise quickly year over year over year (unlike the 2 an hour DL payraises). Maybe I should have turned them down! HAHA. I say its the best money I ever spent. Talk about return on investment.

4- I can guarantee you General that your Delta Connection feed is over 800 airframes. I did the actual research 6 months ago and the number was real close to 1000 at that time. There's no way Dick Anderson parked 200 airframes when DL continues to farm it out to other carriers. As a matter of fact you have more Connection airframes than we have airframes!!

5- Delta was the company that opened the flood gates on this RJ debacle, and there's no arguing that fact. A loss of thousands of mainline jobs, millions of dollars in future Delta wages and even millions of dollars in DALPA union dues. Kind of like leaving ATL and having 20 DL Connection planes waiting for takeoff and only 2 mainline. Just sad.

What a huge dichotomy of how to run two companies. Completely on opposite ends of the spectrum. I think the futures are diverging as well. Legacy thinking will lead to legacy results...

RF

Paying for your training is bad practice. We all know it. Sure, it MAY lead you to better things eventually, but things like 9-11 happen. You can't control stuff like that, and you still had to pay for it. Yes, some Delta pilots had to pay for temporary crash pads if they didn't live in ATL during initial training, but they were paid during that time. You paid before your class date started. BAD DEAL for everyone, especially since Southwest can afford it. Keep trying to justify it. What's funny is the Airtran guys didn't have to pay at all. What irony! They get your pay, and didn't HAVE TO PAY.....

800 RJs? You are still wrong. I just did the research. SkyWest flies 172 RJs and Brasilias for DL (18 E120s, 21 CR9s, and the rest CRJ2s), Pinnacle flies 142 RJs (126 CRj2s, and 16 CR9s), Comair will be down to 44 total planes by the end of this year, Shuttle America flies 16 E175s for DL, Chataqua flies 22 ERJs for DL, Mesaba flies 60 RJs for DL (19 CRJ2s and 41 CR9s) and will park all Saabs soon, ASA flies 113 RJs for Delta (46 CR7s, 10 CR9s, and 57 CRJ2s (others are at UAL at IAD and ORD). Compass has 36 E175s. Add all of that up, and that is 605. Not great, but that is decreasing too every year. The flood gates did open at DL with RJs, and now they are closing. That is good for everyone.

And you very well could be displaced off of your plane at Southwest. GK said he wants 717s all around the country, and if he moves some out of ATL, then Airtran guys senior to you (via arbitration) could bump you down or out of your base. When you only have 2 fleet types, moving planes doesn't cost as much, but you keep touting that you think somehow Southwest will go intergalactic eventually, or transatlantic (both equally probable), and that would mean more fleet types. You just admitted it, less fleet types means less cost. That is one thing that helps your airline. Now add 717s, and then something else that can supposedly go across an ocean, and your costs will go up. That isn't great for your own future profitability. That and stagnation due to your merger, and you may want to apply to Delta sooner than later. DL will be having a lot of retirements and upward movement, something arbitration may take away from you.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Last edited:

RF

not only does Delta have over 800 airframes in the connection world (thanks to their lousy scope, I got to fly one of those 800 airframes and bailed to SWA), they are also in the process of codesharing their entire trans-atlantic network with their multitude of codeshare partners. What does this mean?? It means you will see Delta go to the lowest bidder to fly accross the pond. Will it be Air France, KLM, Alitalia...they have plenty to choose from. So Delta might get a huge contract, better than ours (I hope so, that way they will stop with the penis-envy), but then their flying will get outsourced, this time to international carriers. Would Delta do such a thing??? NAH

I think Delta will be just fine, they have a plan. They will be around for a while. The real question is, how much flying are the Delta pilots going to be doing when Delta's plan is fully intergrated? One virtual airline with their codeshare partners. Lowest bidder wins.

Delta will be huge, the brand will be huge. Delta (operated by Westjet, KLM, Alitalia, Air France, Aeromexico...I don't even remember the rest there are so many).

Paying for your training is bad practice. We all know it. Sure, it MAY lead you to better things eventually, but things like 9-11 happen. You can't control stuff like that, and you still had to pay for it. Yes, some Delta pilots had to pay for temporary crash pads if they didn't live in ATL during initial training, but they were paid during that time. You paid before your class date started. BAD DEAL for everyone, especially since Southwest can afford it. Keep trying to justify it. What's funny is the Airtran guys didn't have to pay at all. What irony! They get your pay, and didn't HAVE TO PAY.....

800 RJs? You are still wrong. I just did the research. SkyWest flies 172 RJs and Brasilias for DL (18 E120s, 21 CR9s, and the rest CRJ2s), Pinnacle flies 142 RJs (126 CRj2s, and 16 CR9s), Comair will be down to 44 total planes by the end of this year, Shuttle America flies 16 E175s for DL, Chataqua flies 22 ERJs for DL, Mesaba flies 60 RJs for DL (19 CRJ2s and 41 CR9s) and will park all Saabs soon, ASA flies 113 RJs for Delta (46 CR7s, 10 CR9s, and 57 CRJ2s (others are at UAL at IAD and ORD). Compass has 36 E175s. Add all of that up, and that is 605. Not great, but that is decreasing too every year. The flood gates did open at DL with RJs, and now they are closing. That is good for everyone.

And you very well could be displaced off of your plane at Southwest. GK said he wants 717s all around the country, and if he moves some out of ATL, then Airtran guys senior to you (via arbitration) could bump you down or out of your base. When you only have 2 fleet types, moving planes doesn't cost as much, but you keep touting that you think somehow Southwest will go intergalactic eventually, or transatlantic (both equally probable), and that would mean more fleet types. You just admitted it, less fleet types means less cost. That is one thing that helps your airline. Now add 717s, and then something else that can supposedly go across an ocean, and your costs will go up. That isn't great for your own future profitability. That and stagnation due to your merger, and you may want to apply to Delta sooner than later. DL will be having a lot of retirements and upward movement, something arbitration may take away from you.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Only a retard such as yourself could possible try to make the number of RJ jets flying Delta pax a good thing. The number of RJs should be ZERO. Any more than zero and really you should trade your double breasted blazer in for skirts. Or, you could be a man and take a stand. But, I guess that's why you guys have 800.

General, answer me this....honestly. Has the amount a guy pays for a type, let's call it $6k, is that more or less than you've taken in PAY CUTS at Delta? Paying for the type seems like a non issue to most people. I guess it's kinda like talking scope with a Delta guy. A SWA guys takes paying for the type in stride...much like you guys take giving up pay and scope.

Only a retard such as yourself could possible try to make the number of RJ jets flying Delta pax a good thing. The number of RJs should be ZERO. Any more than zero and really you should trade your double breasted blazer in for skirts. Or, you could be a man and take a stand. But, I guess that's why you guys have 800.

General, answer me this....honestly. Has the amount a guy pays for a type, let's call it $6k, is that more or less than you've taken in PAY CUTS at Delta? Paying for the type seems like a non issue to most people. I guess it's kinda like talking scope with a Delta guy. A SWA guys takes paying for the type in stride...much like you guys take giving up pay and scope.

Is it really true that this guy is a CP at SW?

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back