Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Delta orders winglets for 767-300 fleet.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

boknowsASA

This maybe old news to some just saw it this morning.

Aviation Partners Boeing Announces Expanded 767-300ER Winglet Order From Delta Air Lines
Monday September 10, 12:01 am ET

Additional 15 767-300ER Aircraft to get Winglets

SEATTLE, Sept. 10 /PRNewswire/ -- Aviation Partners Boeing has secured an order for 15 additional winglet systems for installation on Delta Air Lines' fleet of international Boeing 767-300ER aircraft. With the expanded order, Delta now plans to install Blended Winglets on 30 767-300 aircraft by early 2010. Delta also has options to retrofit the remainder of its entire 767-300ER fleet with winglets.

We're immensely pleased that most of our early delivery positions are now committed," said Aviation Partners Boeing CEO John Reimers. "As a result of this order Delta will have one of the lowest cost operations in the highly competitive trans-Atlantic and South American markets."

Blended Winglets provide the 767-300ER with the capability to operate on routes that previously could only be served by larger aircraft. With 350 nautical miles of added range and a payload improvement of up to 90 passengers on routes of 6,300 nautical miles, the aircraft gains significant flexibility for long-range point-to-point service. Substantial takeoff weight capability improvements add to that flexibility.

Delta's order positions the airline to install winglets on 20 767-300ER aircraft by March 2009, with 30 installations completed by early 2010. As Delta continues to expand international operations, Blended Winglets will reduce fuel costs on current routes, and provide flexibility to serve new markets with existing aircraft.

"Blended Winglets are a creative technical solution for cost savings and revenue enhancements simultaneously," says Reimers. "APB is especially proud that our technology visibly shows that profitability and environmental responsibility can coexist in a single device."

Aviation Partners Boeing now has orders for more than 100 767-300ER Blended Winglet systems, which are scheduled for certification in November 2008. Providing block fuel savings of up to 6%, added range, and improved takeoff performance and payload measured in tons, the Winglets provide operators with previously unavailable market opportunities. Environmental benefits including significantly lower carbon dioxide and nitrous oxide emissions and reduced takeoff noise create an equally obvious solution for airlines seeking to make environmentally responsible choices.

Today over 1900 Boeing aircraft have been equipped with Blended Winglets and are in service with over 100 airlines in more than 40 countries. By 2010, with over 4500 aircraft upgraded, APB anticipates that Blended Winglet Technology will have saved commercial airlines over two billion gallons of fuel.

Just another shot across the bow for Boeing. They really want the 787 but they do not want to wait. This is a message to them. Open a second production line or we will keep what we have.

I really like DL, but this is another reason I will fly someone else internationally! The DL 767s are beaters with no IFE and really bad seats, especially when most others are flying new Airbuses and 777s!

I really like DL, but this is another reason I will fly someone else internationally! The DL 767s are beaters with no IFE and really bad seats, especially when most others are flying new Airbuses and 777s!

http://blog.delta.com/2007/08/31/enhancing-the-entertainment-experience/#comment-177

Hey Brett…glad you could join the conversation. I’d planned to include the roll-out schedule in my next post but here’s the lowdown:
Between Aug. 2007 and Dec. 2008 there will be a huge number of converted aircraft or new deliveries entering the fleet on a regular basis. All the a/c noted below will feature cabin-wide AVOD (except the 767-300ERs). Note that satellite TV will only be available on the domestic 757s, 767-300s and 737s due to the satellite coverage area.
So…the bottom line is that in the next 16 months cabin-wide AVOD will be available on the following a/c:
61 757-200
59 767-300ER (BusinessElite only)
28 737-800
21 767-300
14 767-400ER
12 777-200

Most are getting TV's on the backs of the seats, the ER's you will still need to get into business elite however.

You're in the wrong place...I think you meant to type www.airliners.net into your browser's address bar.

LOL! No really, I position to Europe for work almost every week or 2 and mostly use Delta, and have sampled many other airlines that are tons better. Don't get me wrong though because I really do like Delta and have many friends there. Its just a poor product in my opinion.

LOL! No really, I position to Europe for work almost every week or 2 and mostly use Delta, and have sampled many other airlines that are tons better. Don't get me wrong though because I really do like Delta and have many friends there. Its just a poor product in my opinion.

Who do you like to fly? BA, Virgin....? Do you always fly coach?

This maybe old news to some just saw it this morning.

Aviation Partners Boeing Announces Expanded 767-300ER Winglet Order From Delta Air Lines
Monday September 10, 12:01 am ET

Additional 15 767-300ER Aircraft to get Winglets

SEATTLE, Sept. 10 /PRNewswire/ -- Aviation Partners Boeing has secured an order for 15 additional winglet systems for installation on Delta Air Lines' fleet of international Boeing 767-300ER aircraft. With the expanded order, Delta now plans to install Blended Winglets on 30 767-300 aircraft by early 2010. Delta also has options to retrofit the remainder of its entire 767-300ER fleet with winglets.

We're immensely pleased that most of our early delivery positions are now committed," said Aviation Partners Boeing CEO John Reimers. "As a result of this order Delta will have one of the lowest cost operations in the highly competitive trans-Atlantic and South American markets."

Blended Winglets provide the 767-300ER with the capability to operate on routes that previously could only be served by larger aircraft. With 350 nautical miles of added range and a payload improvement of up to 90 passengers on routes of 6,300 nautical miles, the aircraft gains significant flexibility for long-range point-to-point service. Substantial takeoff weight capability improvements add to that flexibility.

Delta's order positions the airline to install winglets on 20 767-300ER aircraft by March 2009, with 30 installations completed by early 2010. As Delta continues to expand international operations, Blended Winglets will reduce fuel costs on current routes, and provide flexibility to serve new markets with existing aircraft.

"Blended Winglets are a creative technical solution for cost savings and revenue enhancements simultaneously," says Reimers. "APB is especially proud that our technology visibly shows that profitability and environmental responsibility can coexist in a single device."

Aviation Partners Boeing now has orders for more than 100 767-300ER Blended Winglet systems, which are scheduled for certification in November 2008. Providing block fuel savings of up to 6%, added range, and improved takeoff performance and payload measured in tons, the Winglets provide operators with previously unavailable market opportunities. Environmental benefits including significantly lower carbon dioxide and nitrous oxide emissions and reduced takeoff noise create an equally obvious solution for airlines seeking to make environmentally responsible choices.

Today over 1900 Boeing aircraft have been equipped with Blended Winglets and are in service with over 100 airlines in more than 40 countries. By 2010, with over 4500 aircraft upgraded, APB anticipates that Blended Winglet Technology will have saved commercial airlines over two billion gallons of fuel.

And the airline needed money from who to stay afloat! What a disgraceful management. Should be criminal.

Who do you like to fly? BA, Virgin....? Do you always fly coach?
I fly whoever my company puts me on, but it seems its IDxx's on DL most of the time in back unfortunately, unless its last minute. LH, BA, and VS are all notably better and more comfortable in steerage and much better in front. Etihad and Emirates were tops, and Austrian was the best to date in front.

I must admit that DL's Biz Elite is good for a US airline and the crews have been excellent in my experiences, but the cabins are dodgy, cramped, and lacking IFE (in back).

I fly whoever my company puts me on, but it seems its IDxx's on DL most of the time in back unfortunately, unless its last minute.

I'm confused, "IDxx" as in ID90 or ID75, as in "non-revenue"? Who do you work for? I'm guessing Delta doesn't generally offer non-revenue passes to competitors.

Latest resources

Back