Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Delta Operational Procedures Amplified (DOPA)

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
They should adopt the Song manual and do away with both DL and NW. It's for the best.

So, how many AirTran guys are senior to you? Give me an approximate number. Is Ty senior to you?

Bye Bye---General Lee

It is a rather unfortunate acronym.

Of course, they could have called it Delta Operational Procedures, Enhanced and been even more to the point.

C'mon fellas, lighten up....

So, how many AirTran guys are senior to you? Give me an approximate number. Is Ty senior to you?

Bye Bye---General Lee

Aren't you just a little bit jealous that those former Airtran guys are going to make more than you Genital? Man, that's got to hurt after all the years thinking they were below you. Maybe you can ask them for a loan.

Oh, the IRONY!

Not sure what that has to do with Song though.

I hope this is true. Delta is the least standard of any airline I have flown for. I don't understand the "big box" mentality. It creates ambiguity where there should be none, and gives us more rope to hang ourselves with.

Apparently NWA was very rigid and standard in their procedures whereas Delta is more of a just "get er done" mentality. Probably somewhere in the middle is where we wanna be.

I hope this is true. Delta is the least standard of any airline I have flown for. I don't understand the "big box" mentality. It creates ambiguity where there should be none, and gives us more rope to hang ourselves with.

I might be the only one, but mark me down as a former north guy that prefers the "south" way.

Aren't you just a little bit jealous that those former Airtran guys are going to make more than you Genital? Man, that's got to hurt after all the years thinking they were below you. Maybe you can ask them for a loan.

Oh, the IRONY!

Not sure what that has to do with Song though.

When? Not according to our new rates. They won't get your pay until 2015 anyway. I'll probably be a 737 capt by then easily. How about you? What about Ty? Ouch.

Bye Bye---General Lee

When? Not according to our new rates. They won't get your pay until 2015 anyway. I'll probably be a 737 capt by then easily. How about you? What about Ty? Ouch.

Bye Bye---General Lee

When? Right now. The guys that have transititioned are making around 153/hr for straight time. I've heard they have already figured out our lucrative premium system, so I'm sure they are making more than their old AAI pay, and actually more than you too!

Ty? He's going to enjoy it when he makes the switch. All the AAI guys that I've run into have been cool. Unlike some of the DL Riverboat guys.

I entirely disagree.......as a South guy....

Delta wasn't crashing planes left and right but deviate ONE LINE off of the old SOPA and you are hung......rather than given wiggle room.

Safety is most important, but to what detail?

When? Right now. The guys that have transititioned are making around 153/hr for straight time. I've heard they have already figured out our lucrative premium system, so I'm sure they are making more than their old AAI pay, and actually more than you too!

Ty? He's going to enjoy it when he makes the switch. All the AAI guys that I've run into have been cool. Unlike some of the DL Riverboat guys.

With the your down sizing in ATL and SLC and deferring planes, I don't think you will have any raises in your immediate future either. Sounds like your management may actually ask for concessions? Good luck with that.

And it is great you are friendly with some of your future Captains, the AirTran guys. They will control the discussions in your cockpit. I bet you will get the legs on all the allnighters. (yeah, you will eventually do them. Maybe LBB allnight to ISP?).

Bye Bye---General Lee

The guys that have transitioned ..........YHGTBFSM ?

Less than 10% of AirTran pilots will have transitioned by the end of 2012. The other 90% are at AirTran enjoying their Southwest induced paycuts

The only guys making $151 an hour are the 17 year AirTran Captains flying as FO's, after a paycut Down to that rate.

Theres your reality check for the day Red. Now, head back to the pipe and try not to set your hair on fire again.

Latest resources

Back