• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Delta on losing side of SWA/AAI

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
That was a wonderful idea GL! I went a step further though. I found some stray AAI pilots digging thru a dumpster outside a Popeyes in ATL. I approached slowly and let them smell my hand as they were a wary bunch. I regaled them with stories of VJA, room parties in MAF, and 1-2-3. I lured them into my limo and my driver took us to the compound at Lake Lanier. When we arrived, I plied them with enough Kool-Aid that I felt it was safe to remove their leashes and let them play awhile in the yard. I assigned each of them a number . . 5879, 5880, 5881, and so on. We learned games like Commute to OAK, Keep The Throttles on The Left, and Chase Craig Johnson. It was great fun to be able to help such needy souls. I could tell some didn't appreciate the condescension, but I'm confident they'll learn how my charity helps us all get along.

Sorry to keep it short, but I see some DAL bubbas in need of help.

THANKS FOR THE INSPIRATION GENERAL LEE!

Now that is not very nice, but crazy funny!

One reason SWA will finally get to ATL, is because DAL suffocated AirTran just a little too much. They should've given them room to breathe. Keeping them alive to maintain their territory would've probably kept SWA at bay.

What???? 17 years ago, Valuejet then Airtran has grown from a few departures to what...... 100+ daily departures from ATL. With that kind of suffocation, I am suprised they are allowed to breath. Bottom line was Airtrans expenses were soooooo low, that DAL could never force them out of any market on just price without bleeding out themselves, so DAL worked to contain them. It was the same story though when Airtran would get subsidies from the govt to serve local airports that none of the majors were privy too. Funny thing is that AAI and SWA were bumping into eachother in more markets and to grow in the future were going to continue bumping into eachother to the point where SWA took the age old route, if you can't beat em, join em.
I know that the press and the employees and lots of public thinks that SWA rules the world (well at least the US), but they are no longer just a lil ole LCC, they will soon get earn the rewards and problems of being a major airline.
Every airline that has less than a decade upgrades has good or great employee relations, it's when things stagnate, or go backwards, that there is not much mgt can do to keep the natives from getting restless.
LUV

That was a wonderful idea GL! I went a step further though. I found some stray AAI pilots digging thru a dumpster outside a Popeyes in ATL. I approached slowly and let them smell my hand as they were a wary bunch. I regaled them with stories of VJA, room parties in MAF, and 1-2-3. I lured them into my limo and my driver took us to the compound at Lake Lanier. When we arrived, I plied them with enough Kool-Aid that I felt it was safe to remove their leashes and let them play awhile in the yard. I assigned each of them a number . . 5879, 5880, 5881, and so on. We learned games like Commute to OAK, Keep The Throttles on The Left, and Chase Craig Johnson. It was great fun to be able to help such needy souls. I could tell some didn't appreciate the condescension, but I'm confident they'll learn how my charity helps us all get along.

Sorry to keep it short, but I see some DAL bubbas in need of help.

THANKS FOR THE INSPIRATION GENERAL LEE!

That was actually very funny.

If you come near me again when I'm 'shopping' at the Popeyes dumpster, I'll chew your right hand off. You won't be needing it for the thrust levers anyway :D

Cheers.

Delta is going to start an airline within an airline to compete with SWA. It's going much like SWA but with assigned seating. Any ideas what they'll call it?

TCisATOOL Air??

Latest resources

Back