• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Delta offers furloughs

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Hey General, the Airtran guys are gonna be fine, they will get a FANTASTIC new payscale and be much better off with all the QOL issues and a friendly management team....and they deserve it! And many, many people have interviewed at SW without the type rating, and were hired.

RF

But they still needed to pay for the type before they attended class, right? Same difference.

And will the Airtran guys get this pay and great, friendly management team without giving in to SWAPA's demands, sending it to arbitration? Could that happen?

OYS

Southwest Captain pay is 186.06 per trip.

A simple 1.15 conversion would yeild an hourly rate of about 214/hr.

Many longer haul flights would convert at 1.18, being 219.55/hr.

With the possiblity of easily making 110-120 trips if desired. (no union imposed caps)

RF

Most of the whale Captains have a full pension along with their own 401ks. But, it does appear to be a travesty for sure. But, that will be corrected shortly, with rumors of pay bumps in the 20-25% range (supposedly turned down due to lack of other adjustments wanted also) offered recently. If that is true, then a whale Captain would be making about $250 or more per hour, which is an improvement. Throw in more increases in other sections, and the talks could progress I bet. (I would throw in better scope myself)

OYS

Southwest: Southwest B737 Captains earn more than Delta B747/B777 Captains, SWAPA represents Southwest airlines pilots and Southwest Airlines pilots only, and Southwest has yet to outsource a good portion of it's flying to the lowest bidding air carriers.

Delta: Low pay, a union who represents Delta pilots and almost everyone else, and outsourcing is alive and well. It is quite easy to buy a ticket on Delta.com, fly across the US or around the world for that matter and never have a Delta pilot employed on any flight segment. Thanks ALPA.

My hat's of to the Southwest pilots, you guys and gals are doing it right.

See, I see it as a little different. I blame SWAPA for allowing the company to charge each new pilot hire for a type, thus lowering the cost to the company, I then see a pilot group that prior to the CH11 era got paid a lot less than we did. I saw a well managed company (SWA) undercutting everyone else and their pilots willing participants in lowering their costs and as a result no one could compete. This resulted in SWAPA pilot being better paid today, and them earning the "Darling of the Industry" title, but the reality is that they undercut every other pilot group out there. It seems everyone's memory is so short that they forget the way it was ten years ago.

Much of the reason we are where we are today, is because of SWA(SWAPA's) willingness to cut the piloting trade off at the knees for their own gain.

Not a popular position, but one that needs to be stated.

Much of the reason we are where we are today, is because of SWA(SWAPA's) willingness to cut the piloting trade off at the knees for their own gain.

Not a popular position, but one that needs to be stated.

Right after waveflyer and redflyer are done butt slapping each other for the job well done, they'll be here to tell you that swa and swapa have been holding the line the industry. Oh yeah, and how you're just a hater.:rolleyes:

Wow....thread creep. Can't we get back to trying to figure out how many folks at Delta will be let go and how much of their flying will be farmed out to RJs? Any talks of paycuts? Has the Delta union gone to the company of offer them up yet?

Is this with or without a relaxation of scope, ie 100 seaters?

I didn't hear that rumor, but I don't know one person that would vote to let Comair or any DCI carrier fly 100 seaters. Maybe management asked for that, and that is why nobody else has heard it, it was DOA. But I would expect a pay raise at least that high, since the Airtran guys are getting that with the new Southwest raise. That helps our cause tremendously.

Bye Bye---General Lee

I didn't hear that rumor, but I don't know one person that would vote to let Comair or any DCI carrier fly 100 seaters. Maybe management asked for that, and that is why nobody else has heard it, it was DOA. But I would expect a pay raise at least that high, since the Airtran guys are getting that with the new Southwest raise. That helps our cause tremendously.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Delta...relax on scope....consider it done. When are they going to farm out the 737 flying? Soon I imagine. Looks like the only actual Delta flying left will be SONG!!!!

Delta...relax on scope....consider it done. When are they going to farm out the 737 flying? Soon I imagine. Looks like the only actual Delta flying left will be SONG!!!!

Tanker: Run along, its time for the colonel's afternoon coffee. You know how he gets when he doesn't get his foot rub.
I'm sure you're letting the afternoon paperwork back up again. Hurry along. You need to work extra hard to pay for that 737 type if you ever want to sling gear for that Air Tran f/o.:laugh:

Latest resources

Back