• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Delta/NWA Seniority List Negotiation Tidbits

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Thanks for the info. Our MD88s carry 146 I believe, and the MD90s are close. I think our 737-700s will carry about 125 also. I think we get 6 or 7 737-700s this year, and will have a total of about 25. Their missions will be hot and high stuff (Quito, Ecuador, Reno, Vail, etc).

Bye Bye--General Lee

Well thats good info also. Both planes are very capable and proven reliable. The -9 could be updated and keep flying for much cheaper than the cost of buying new planes. The airforce did it to their -9s. see below

http://www.airliners.net/photo/USA---Navy/McDonnell-Douglas-C-9B/1117011/L/

The C-9 is retired from the Air Force, but an upgrade like that and some new engines could keep the DC9 going for a long time

We control 70% of the traffic at the busiest airport in the world. You control Detroit and MSP, places nobody wants to visit for fun. Wow.

Correct me if I'm wrong but did you insinuate that people visit Atlanta Georgia for fun?

Yeah, OK. With it's vast beaches and polite laid back atmosphere NOT.

I'm pretty sure people go there for one of two reasons. Connecting flight or business.

Fun...yeah right.

Correct me if I'm wrong but did you insinuate that people visit Atlanta Georgia for fun?

Yeah, OK. With it's vast beaches and polite laid back atmosphere NOT.

I'm pretty sure people go there for one of two reasons. Connecting flight or business.

Fun...yeah right.
They also go there for carjackings and grits

At 16% what is your DOH approximately? Just wondering...

So let me get this straight,you only want to count the retirements for the next 10 years and not out farther than that? Why would that be? Because it fits your agenda. And what would be the seniority integration that was making the rounds? We finally heard what it was from our LEC reps this week and to tell you the truth I don't know how you couldn't consider it a windfall.

The integration that we were giving was a relative seniority where if you are at say 16% off the bottom now (my actual seniority) then you would be 16% off the bottom of the new airline.

I looked at your latest bids and someone with my relative seniority 16% off the bottom can hold block holder on the A320 or the DC9 and reserve on the 757. Compare that to here at Delta you would hold lineholder on the MD88, 767 Dom and International the 737-800 and Capt on the MD88 NYC. So without fences how again are you losing anything? This is a serious question. You already stated that the retirements even out eventually. I want someone to enlighten me, because from where I sit this is going to cause me to move backward.

Here is one issue that may appeal to the former Republic guys.

- As I understand it, NWA's fences have come down, and everything is straight DOH...but "no bump, no flush" which means that the Green book guys still can't fly the -400 since there are no openings, and won't be for a long time.

- At NWA, >12 hour flights are flown with one capt and three FOs.

- At DAL, the rule is two capts and two FOs.

- If we were to merge, we are assuming DAL's workrules.

- Does that mean that there will instantly be some openings for -400 captain that Green book guys can bid on? If that is true, you would think that the merger committee head, a Republic sort, would be all over this SLI (not to mention the dozen or so 777s we are getting, ALL of which will require a lot more widebody captains).

Anyone who wants to call foul please do so.

Latest resources

Back