Delta number 1 again, in gun smuggling?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

DieselDragRacer

A Delta employee faces federal charges, WSB-TV reported, after being accused of helping to put 18 firearms on a plane at Atlanta?s Hartsfield-Jackson International Airport.

A Federal Bureau of Investigation affidavit indicates a current employee working in Atlanta helped another man smuggle the guns onto a flight.

The affidavit names Eugene Harvey, a bag handler, as the suspected smuggler who was working for Delta.

The flight with the smuggled guns originated from Hartsfield Jackson International Airport and went into New York?s JFK airport on Dec. 10, the complaint states.

According to the complaint, a former Delta employee was using a "buddy pass" and worked in collaboration with Harvey, the current employee, to bypass TSA security and deliver guns to the smuggler.

The FBI believes a total of 18 guns bypassed security and ended up on carry-on baggage aboard the flight.

In connection with the alleged smuggling, the complaint alleges that an undercover officer was supplied a total of 129 guns, including anAK 47 and an AR 15. It was not clear if all the guns were smuggled onto a flight.

This is one of the biggest security breaches in recent years, according to affidavit details.

White southern rednecks just love their guns more then county. They wont follow the dreaded federal governmet rule to leave your guns in your checked bags while flying on the airlines.
Oh sorry for jumping on the southern stereotype, the airline employee must have been evil racist capitalist transporting guns to the long oppressed minorities of gotham.
Once again my assumption was wrong. Two African american delta employees trafficing guns to the thugs of nyc.
There must be a place for me to hang my "WHITE PRIVILEGE" guilt what am I missing ?

Latest resources

Back