• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Delta-Northwest Deal at Risk

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Don't Worry...Be Happy. I have a lot of friends at DAL and they are really good guys. Everyone know that GL is a complete horses ass and not representative of the DAL pilot group as a whole. The only reason he isn't on ignore is for the entertainment value he provides.

If anyone expects confidential info from me, then they will be upset. I post articles and like to debate the issues, that's it. I like the banter, and I ENJOY THIS FORUM. A lot of people don't like it when other people enjoy things. You can continue to call me a horses ass, I don't care, but guys like you are unhappy and bitter. But hey, I bet you have some great F-4 stories to tell (ZZZZZZZZZZ). Now why don't you give me that before start checklist please....

Bye Bye--General Lee

General Lee gets it.

These forums are a marketplace of ideas.

Some of us enjoy the business, enjoy the drama, and just can't give a crud about the E' Channel or the O' Channel that the wives keep on the 50 inch LCD when they are home.

.... and by the way... I've learned a lot about the F4 :rolleyes:

General Lee gets it.

These forums are a marketplace of ideas.

Some of us enjoy the business, enjoy the drama, and just can't give a crud about the E' Channel or the O' Channel that the wives keep on the 50 inch LCD when they are home.

.... and by the way... I've learned a lot about the F4 :rolleyes:

You would have really enjoyed the DALPA forum back in the day before they threw off all the retired guys and the talk was all about NASCAR!
I miss those old days!

You would have really enjoyed the DALPA forum back in the day before they threw off all the retired guys and the talk was all about NASCAR!
I miss those old days!

Those were the good days. Have you seen the forum lately? What seemed like a group ready to compromise to make this merger happen now seems almost universally for killing it if possible.

Speaking of the DALPA message board, is it my computer or is that website terribly slow to load?

NASCAR needs to go back to selecting random frames off the assembly line and THEN the teams can start building their car for the year. None of this 'one size fits all' B.S. and none of this 'short track car' and 'superspeedway car'.

Run what you brung! TC

That's why I don't watch NASCAR anymore. Nothing "stock" about that racing. Anyway it's ALL money, the cult of personality, and selling trinkets to rednecks now. Not about cars or sport.

And as far as the NW DAL merge goes, hopefully we'll see it soon dead instead of just "at risk."

Last edited:
Used to

If anyone expects confidential info from me, then they will be upset. I post articles and like to debate the issues, that's it. I like the banter, and I ENJOY THIS FORUM. A lot of people don't like it when other people enjoy things. You can continue to call me a horses ass, I don't care, but guys like you are unhappy and bitter. But hey, I bet you have some great F-4 stories to tell (ZZZZZZZZZZ). Now why don't you give me that before start checklist please....

Bye Bye--General Lee
Typical GL retort...completely expected and predictable as usual. I USED to enjoy this forum a lot more when it was a great tool for gaining useful information for those looking to get hired at the airlines and advance the profession. Now it is more like driving by a car wreck and gawking for entertainment purposes. Those were before the days anyone would even think about 10K+ posts of nothing more than stirring the pot. I don't expect any confidential info from you since you aren't on the negotiating committee for DAL and that's the only way you would be privy to anything confidential. You continue to spread rumors and second hand info from "unamed sources" and idiotic news articles that do nothing constructive and continue to fan the flames and stir the pot. I'm sure your MEC (as ours has) has asked pilots not to believe all of this cr@p and not spread rumors like this, yet you continue to do so for your own twisted entertainment and sense of self-importance. If you ENJOY that aspect of this forum, then more power (or perceived power) to you. I will not continue to call you a horse's ass. That was a one time slip of the tounge for me. I was just glad to see that there are some DAL guys on the board that feel the same way about you as most everybody else. I didn't want them to think the rest of the world thinks they are all horses' asses (his words, not mine). For the record, I'm really not that old. I do have a lot of great F-4 stories, some even better A-37 stories and one reeeeeeally good F-16 story. The difference is, I don't usually talk about them unless somebody asks me first. I'm not unhappy or bitter. I am actually quite happy where I'm at right now since there is more to life than my main job. The only thing I might even remotely be bitter about would be the second furlough from NWA that was totally unnecessary and nothing more than a tool to use against the pilots going into bankruptcy. I don't let that eat at me though. I just keep it in the back of my mind to remind me that mgt is not my friend and certainly not my friend in a potential merger. I don't really care if this merger goes or not. I'm content where I'm at now and could live with a "go it alone" plan. If it does go, then I hope for a fair SLI and compensation from the company. I have no desire to move back down south and I could be happy finishing my career on a bus. The best part about flying the bus is I'll never have to give you a before start checklist.

Latest resources

Back