• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Delta North AE

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
when does the Displacement training start? Is this DSP AE,MD, VD to have you in the new aircraft by DEC or JAN?

Depends on what you bid. The projected training may be out today, but more than likely it will be out early next week. It will give a projected training and conversion. It is just a month and not a date. They may send you to training on the first or the 31st. It depends on the pipeline. You can always call closer to the date to get a better idea.
I would send for manuals etc well in advance of the 30 days as well. I generally get the CD's etc two and a half months out so I do not get nailed on a new version coming out, and wait on the book (approach plates) about 45 days out.

Here is a question that nobody seams to be able to answer. So If we get converted and trained in October on the 320 or 9, do we bid Block or reserve in November? We are still under the old APA rules till bid period 5 in January. Anyone?

Here is a question that nobody seams to be able to answer. So If we get converted and trained in October on the 320 or 9, do we bid Block or reserve in November? We are still under the old APA rules till bid period 5 in January. Anyone?

Just my guess, but I don't think anything will change until your aircraft crosses over to bid period 5.

One thing that the APAs allowed was bidding from base to base to get better flying each season. If some senior guy living in the DFW area wanted to fly more Europe stuff in the Summer, he might bid DTW 755. If the Asia stuff flew out of MSP more in the Winter, he would bid MSP 755 and do 12 day intra Asia stuff. That pretty much kept the senior guys from upgrading, and never allowed junior people a chance at the better trips. Just when you thought you might be able to hold a sweet trip, bam, 15 senior guys move in for the season. Well, that is now gone. Time to pick a base and probably stay there at least a year. With an AE, you will know where you stand for the whole year. No more squatters.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Actually, that never happened with the APA either. There had to be a vacancy. You couldn't just bump someone junior whenever you felt like it. In order to bump, you had to be displaced.

There was, however, a temporary base assignment that was a pretty good deal... If they needed more in a category temporarily, you could move to another base on a month to month basis. Pretty good deal. Positive space and hotels included, but it never forced anyone out.

There was, however, a temporary base assignment that was a pretty good deal... If they needed more in a category temporarily, you could move to another base on a month to month basis. Pretty good deal. Positive space and hotels included, but it never forced anyone out.

Agreed. The temp was one of the last "good deals". And before someone chimes in, temporary block or reserve guys bid behind everyone else that had perm. bids in that base.

Nu

We lost some gold nuggets for sure. Hopefully we can get our southern brothers to get out the sluice boxes, grab some of the old "dirt" and get those nuggets back.

Positive space, a hotel room and lets not forget the most important...Per diem!!!!!! Lets bring back, Temp bids, APA, and the ability to move anywhere if displaced! The North move benefit rocked.......my buddy who took a move to Anchorage had a paid vacation cruising up the AL Can Highway and dropped his truck and car off in LAX where the Cargo guys loaded them on the 747 freighter and overnighted them for him!! Good times.

ACL, I was told yesterday in ATL crew room that there is likely to be over 1,500 training events from the in the January AE (post SOC) What have you heard, are they reconsidering moving the short bus to SLC? thx for any info JP.

Latest resources

Back